Problem with AutoBoquets Maker when changing from cable to freeview?

jazz

I am trying to setup freeview instead of cable on my zgemma h2h with openatv. I have changed the tuner configuration for freeview completed an automatic scan which found 146 channels, which are working. The problem that I have is when I try to get autoboquets maker set up for freeview the scan fails. Does autoboquets maker work with Freeview?

Isnt EPG data carried on the DVB-T transmition ??
I turned Autobouquetmaker off 2 days ago when changing to freeview, just checked now and EPG populated up to next Sat

Yes but was it populated when you went to it or did you have to select a channel. I can never get it to populate without selecting a channel I have even tried using epg refresh but even when setup to run at specific time you still had to manually select it to populate freeview.
Got info from an openvix epg refresh pdf.

EPG from the signal stream
Enigma2 can gather the EPG data directly from the signal stream for several providers. OpenTV EPG used by some providers
like Sky UK/IT has been added to OpenViX/OpenPLI in August 2019. (Thanks to LraiZer)
This means that just by zapping, watching, viewing or “turning to” a channel, the EPG data will be added to your Enigma2
receiver. There is no need to use plugins, download from the internet, maintain a database of service references etc.
As the number of channels varies between providers, some providers limit amount of EPG on the normal frequencies. They
keep the vast amount of data on a specific frequency. If we zap/select/view any channel on that frequency, the EPG data will
be added/absorbed into the EPG cache on the system. This needs to be done regularly to maintain the data.
UK Freeview (Aerial): You can use any channel
Virgin UK (Cable): “PVR_EPG” or any service on the frequency.
Sky UK (28.2): “IEPG data 1” or any other service on 11778, V, 27500
Sky Italy (13e): “Nat Geo”

Isnt EPG data carried on the DVB-T transmition ??
I turned Autobouquetmaker off 2 days ago when changing to freeview, just checked now and EPG populated up to next Sat
AutobouquetsMaker has nothing to do with EPG even for cable/sat, ABM updates the channel frequencies etc.

I am trying to setup freeview instead of cable on my zgemma h2h with openatv. I have changed the tuner configuration for freeview completed an automatic scan which found 146 channels, which are working. The problem that I have is when I try to get autoboquets maker set up for freeview the scan fails. Does autoboquets maker work with Freeview?
Make sure Cable is not selected in AutobouquetsMaker -> Providers and select Freeview and green button to save. Now if Providers Order appears in the ABM menu check it and make sure Virmin/Cable is not in the list, if it is then you will need to go back to tuner config and set the tuner back to DVB-C, then in ABM->Providers disable virgin/cable, and then go back to tuner config and set the tuner back to dvb-T2

I had an issue before where I disabled sat tuner but hadn't disabled sky in ABM but as the tuner was disabled sky wasn't listed as an option but it was still selected (hidden) so still tried scanning it.

I don't know if its the same thing but might be worth checking

It was just populated.
BBC1 HD on at the moment and the EPG is full for all the channels below, as I scroll through the next 7 days everything is populated.
Yes its been on all day so that might be why ?

I would have thought all the DVB-C, cable, boxes that are now converted to DVB-T, Freeview, will work the same as an off the shelf TV.
Off the shelf TVs don't need internet or ABM to populate the EPG

Have you setup autobouquetsmaker, providers for terrestrial uk? Also update providers incase you have updates
Yes I think I have?

When carrying out the ABM scan the error I get is: Tuning failed! Provider: Freeview (UK) Tuner:B Frequency: 490000 MHz
This is strange because the auto scan picked up all of the Freeview channels.

Attachments

• abmsetup.jpg
    abmsetup.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 15
  • AUTOBOUQUETESERROR.jpg
    AUTOBOUQUETESERROR.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 16
AutobouquetsMaker has nothing to do with EPG even for cable/sat, ABM updates the channel frequencies etc.

Make sure Cable is not selected in AutobouquetsMaker -> Providers and select Freeview and green button to save. Now if Providers Order appears in the ABM menu check it and make sure Virmin/Cable is not in the list, if it is then you will need to go back to tuner config and set the tuner back to DVB-C, then in ABM->Providers disable virgin/cable, and then go back to tuner config and set the tuner back to dvb-T2

I had an issue before where I disabled sat tuner but hadn't disabled sky in ABM but as the tuner was disabled sky wasn't listed as an option but it was still selected (hidden) so still tried scanning it.

I don't know if its the same thing but might be worth checking
How do i get TV guide back on zgemma just got boutiques no listings whats on

Back