Problem with Motorised System with my Zgemma H9S 4K Please help ?

As stabb motors are no longer made look for a Dark Motor All Metal gears.
sorry for late reply but yes thanks still not managed to get new motor but will shop about for dark motor i think i has this motor before the one i have now will have a search about they were about £40 no doubt like everything else now gone up i expect lol

Apologies if I have made an error but does anyone on this great forum have working motor for sale or recommend a decent supplier at fair prices

Good evening all.
Sorry haven't been on here much last week or two as I have had a few family problems but hopefully all sorted now.
I did post in Items wanted had a few replies.
As I thought the Dark Motor very hard to find now.
I am convinced problem is motor and hopefully not zgemma box lol ?

I may try again the other Humax box I have but need to try and find a manual for it.
Just to make sure it is motor and not Zgemma
will try again tomorrow and keep you all posted

I may try again the other Humax box I have but need to try and find a manual for it.
Just to make sure it is motor and not Zgemma
will try again tomorrow and keep you all posted
Whereabouts are you, I have a dark motor that works, its a bit weather worn, I am in N-Ireland

what is the other humax box model? and am I right in that you have had 2 motors and one is quite recent?
The latest motor is made by Icecrypt dm 200 only lasted about 2 years. Before that only had an alsat dark motor for over 20 years

Carmine, when the Alsat went wonky you got the icecrypt but what receiver were you using to drive the Alsat before you got the Zgemma? I found the manual for your humax but do you know that you have to put a tick against the satellites that you want to view? i'll post manual link in a while.

Carmine, when the Alsat went wonky you got the icecrypt but what receiver were you using to drive the Alsat before you got the Zgemma? I found the manual for your humax but do you know that you have to put a tick against the satellites that you want to view? i'll post manual link in a while.
Before Zgemma I had a Vu Duo+ I think it was until it got the dreaded red eye and got fixed once but then went again.

this is link for manual its second one down

HD-5400S/it manual at DuckDuckGo
Sorry for delay things have been hectic at home again.
Thanks for link cant find manual but I have set humax to motorised setting with correct Longtitude latitude and USALS not Diseqc. Have cut two new clean connections with new f connectors and now I get green light on motor with red light also but not as bright as green one but when I try searching for channels nothing moves still stuck on 80 west. also tried setting limits for dish on screen says motor moving but when I go and check nothing happening. Surely it must be the Motor as Green light showing with red light not so bright but still on or lit up on motor but nothing moving ?? I remember with Icecrypt motor when both lights were there was a fault but if it was just green then motor was okay.

But did you select the satellites you want to watch in the humax box, there will be a big long list and you need to put a tick against each one and then save. So say you want 42east to 30west then you have to select all those sats. Do you undersatnd the idea for saving the sats? Dont worry about limits yet. That is only used if your dish is laible to hit an obstruction. It may have an option to select ALL but dont use that.

Once you have saved sats, then select one you know, say 28 east. Now when you press OK dish should move but if it does not look and see if there is a lict of channels already on box, say BBC1.

Try this one for manual. Its a tad confusing as it makes assumptions.

https://www.satexpat.com/doc/humax/HD-5600S_Manual.pdf

Those lights blink on and off when working correctly, my dish is high so had to wait until last night to see lights. So you have power to motor. If they stay on then its a fault. Can you reach dish and do a reset of motor, disconnect cable to motor, then press and hold both buttons for 5 seconds. reconnect cable. LED1 AND LED2 blinks for 5 seconds. I have the manual.

By the way all these motors are very similar so I would not get hung up on dark motor but if you can wait systemsat say they are on order.

But did you select the satellites you want to watch in the humax box, there will be a big long list and you need to put a tick against each one and then save. So say you want 42east to 30west then you have to select all those sats. Do you undersatnd the idea for saving the sats? Dont worry about limits yet. That is only used if your dish is laible to hit an obstruction. It may have an option to select ALL but dont use that.

Once you have saved sats, then select one you know, say 28 east. Now when you press OK dish should move but if it does not look and see if there is a lict of channels already on box, say BBC1.

Try this one for manual. Its a tad confusing as it makes assumptions.

https://www.satexpat.com/doc/humax/HD-5600S_Manual.pdf
I have selected satellite positions wanted still does not move. Will try disconnection lead holding buttons at rear for 5 secs then reconnecting. Will let you know how I get on in a bit

I hope you see this, try moving dish with buttons EAST is GREEN and WEST is RED. first. It says in manual output must be higher than 350mA. I'll look at manual.

I hope you see this, try moving dish with buttons EAST is GREEN and WEST is RED. first. It says in manual output must be higher than 350mA. I'll look at manual.
The buttons at rear of motor have never always worked hit and miss

Back