Problem with USB3 flash drive

Jerboa

I have a sandisk 128gb USB3 thumb drive, I use it to store files for my enigma2 boxes, images ipk's etc. for use in desktop and laptop, this is my second usb3 drive both not recognised when inserted into desktop or laptop, it's annoying loosing my files, but not end of the world, anyway to fix it? the desktop can't even see it to format it.

Install on Pc and It will see the EX 4 on your stick and format fat32 and other formats. ls there not instructions with it?

Or If you know someone with a linux machine try and get them to format it to Fat32

Last edited:
The stick isn't EX4, it's fat32, I use it for storage for images and picons, when setting up or updating a E2 box.

Ok penny not dropped yet, usb sticks on enigma boxes are usually in ext4 for recording and backups for images.
They stay in rear of box and not removed,Pc will never show these but if you want to format usb use box to ERASE everything.
Do you have samba running on box as that may allow you access stored files and put a copy on a desktop folder.

Ok penny not dropped yet, usb sticks on enigma boxes are usually in ext4 for recording and backups for images.
They stay in rear of box and not removed,Pc will never show these but if you want to format usb use box to ERASE everything.
Do you have samba running on box as that may allow you access stored files and put a copy on a desktop folder.
Dream explorer will allow recovery of files aswell.

Thing about it is if windows can't see the stick it is not Fat32. Some boxes initalise memory sticks when you start working them

I think there’s been a little confusion, I don’t use this usb on a enigma2 box, it’s solely for use in my desktop and laptop, so it’s in fat32, and was working fine for a year, until the other day when it stopped working.

Go into Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management and see if the drive is listed.
If it is, it may be that Windows hasn't allocated it a drive letter.

1574329405614.png

Back