problems problems

gert44

Hi , just started to have a play with my h2s purchased with 12 month gift, wooppps, decided to try and change image wwooooppppps, ended up bricking receiver, got it back to life by flashing new openvix onto it. Can anyone tell me if its possible to re install original image from bak ups and if this would re install settings from my gift, or have i blobbed it ?
A little info is a dangerous thing . Any help in getting my box up and running again would be great. I see a list of back ups in the vix menu, but dont know if top or bottom of list is the original setup. Many many thanks

do you know how to ftp into your box?

---------- Post Merged at 04:20 PM ----------

and was it you that originally created a backup

I am new to this box only had a play with kodi boxes in past, used a type of ftp for that, but idiots guide would help, I have only seen the back ups listed in the vix image manager section .

you might have automatic backups setup, if so you might be lucky.

Have the files shown in backups not got a date in the title. if not we can work out which is the last via filezilla.

Have a read of my barebones guide in the stickies and the top of the zgemma 2s section.

There is a section in there about using filezilla to access your box.

Once you have got your head around that, your backup images should live in /hdd on your box.

I will give that a good read, am I likley to have lost the original gift settings ? And is it possible to go back on a vix update as i think the original was 3.2 or 3.6 and the one i used to kick the box back int life is 5.1 ?

openvix is currently at 4.1.
openvix is currently 5.3.

Do not factory reset your box, as this will crash your box.

Once you reflash your box, it wipes it and puts a fresh image on. If you are lucky enough to have a backup image you should be able to recover this.
This will be a full backup including your line, settings and the image version at time of backup.

just ftp into your box for now to see what you have got on your hdd/usb

I would say your line details are gone. Contact whoever you got the box from and they should give you the details you need.

Back