Problems with Multi Lnb setup and questions on Motorised.

blazey25

Hi guys

I am hoping someone can help me , I had a sat with multi lnb setup aligned perfectly well for over a yea and then late last year I had some outside wall insulation work done, which meant dish had to come off the wall. insulation foam went over the cables connecting lnbs to the diseqc switch. when the insulation work was done I realigned my dish and picked up my 28.2E and 19E but was never able to pick up hotbird 13E again. i expected it to have been as easy as lining 1of the sats up to get the others. Most recently I seem to have lost the Astra 28.2E and initiall I realised there was an issue with cabling as when I put some pressure near the cable connection from the lnb to the diseqc switch, the signal was coming back so I thought I ll change cables on the 2 sats that weren't working. However this hasn't worked and now I am only left with the astra 19.2 sat. I just cant seem to pick up signals on the other 2 sats whatever I do.

any suggestions on how to fix?

Also I m at a point were I am thinking is worth me changing to a motorised setup. I have seen a 2nd hand 1 for 40 quid. is setting up a motorised dish complicated? and are there any other kits that I will need apart from plugs, cables and the dish itself?

Thanks

Hi Blazey, i got the same response with my Motorised Dish setup, really helpful site with any receiver issues, but when it comes to motorised dish set up it might be worth looking for a local installer to set it back up for you.

did you mark dish on both points when you removed it and you have a rack with lnbs on that,put aside carefully and not moved,is each cable marked for its own lnb as that cable is for that sat and connecting wrong=no signal.

Back