Cable Processor or ram issue?

reddevil1

Hi i am hoping someone will reply to this.

I have a zgemma h2.

I was recording on the DVB-S and watching a program on the DVB-C side. All was fine but then i paused the program i was watching (and now gone into timeshift). When i came back i played and everything was ok, albeit i had the spinner saying something was loading but everything was fine. Anyway it came to the adverts whilst i was in timeshift so i pressed forward. When the adverts finished (still in timeshift) i pressed play but the machin didnt recognise this for about 20 seconds. So a lot of rewinding/forwarding later (the machine wasnt responding that well) it eventually just didnt recognise anything and was constantly loading.

My question is this: is this the low end processors fault or is it the low RAM?. Whats more important for the smooth running, or is it just get the max for both....?

The zgemma runs 750mhz and 512MB ram. So to be honest i expect in not to run ultra smooth but didnt ecpect it to basically stop and i have to power off.

I am wanting that smoothness that my sky+ box gave me, is it a case of going for the best spec box vu duo2 with the 1300mhz processor and 2gb ram.. or is there something in the middle.... for example if the processor is more important go for the 1300 but only say 1gb ram.... (xtrend et8000 for example)

appreciate some adivce

Back