PS3 PS3 CFW

channelking

So 18 months since I touched this jaikbroken beauty. Still to this day this console can do so much with it being fully open.

But few questions.

Some games like MGS4 dont work externally, is there no way to get them to work instead of putting them on internal ps3 HDD? Have only 80gb internal HDD lol.

Also issue I noticed since I have had ps3 jailbroken when starting PS3 sounds like a jet engine and after some time of watching blu rays or playing games it starts again sounding like a jet engine. This wasnt the case pre jailbreak. Anyone know why?

Anyone have CFW PS3 please could you come back to me.

I think the jet engine noise is from overheating.
Apparently you can control the fan speed on homebrew. Also the thermal paste is probably dry on the chips and needs new pasting.
You need the correct tools and be gentle removing and resetting them.

TBH havent played PS3 alot so cant see it being thermal paste issue mate.

Also this jet engine noise only happened with I JB the console was that way before JB.

Wouldnt want to mess around with applying new thermal paste tbh.

The ps3's are well known for this problem usually the jet engine noise is a indicator that the console is on its way out.
There's a thread over on Reddit about this exact problem.

Oh that aint a good sign then.

May look into thermal paste and ask someone who does that to do it for me if possible. See if the jet noise goes then.

But never had this before jailbreaking the console I am sure of that.

Oh that aint a good sign then.

May look into thermal paste and ask someone who does that to do it for me if possible. See if the jet noise goes then.

But never had this before jailbreaking the console I am sure of that.
Apparently the CPU and GPU the thermal paste becomes dry and flakey from overheating and come away from the heatsink.
Hope this helped anyway.

Ye did guys thanks for the advice.

Dont think I would touch inside of the PS3. If thermal paste is indeed required will ask my brother to do it he likes messing around with such things lol.

The PS3 had the YLOD (Yellow Light Of Death) like the xbox 360 RROD (Red Ring Of Death) caused from overheating, I had about 3 xbox360s, because i had opened the console for the diskdrive to be modded it was not covered for free repairs.

The PS3 had the YLOD (Yellow Light Of Death) like the xbox 360 RROD (Red Ring Of Death) caused from overheating, I had about 3 xbox360s, because i had opened the console for the diskdrive to be modded it was not covered for free repairs.

Ye the YLOD is common problem with PS3s in terms of overheating.

Touch wood not had YLOD yet but not to say wont happen.

Fixing YLOD seems tricky as well but can be done if it came to it.

Back