PS4 PS4 PS VR: Processor unit

jolly3434

PS VR: Processor unit.

Help anyone :-(
Switched on ps4 this afternoon, and was updating ps4 software, when i came back after 5 mins the screen was blank on tv.
After a while i took the Hdmi cable out of vr unit and pluged straight into tv and the ps screen appeared, so i know ps4 works and cable but as soon as i reconnect cable to vr unit no picture, tried 5 differant hdmi cables and all the same. Have a solid white light on vr box,
'You see a solid white light if the PU and PS4 are connected, they are both powered up, and sending a signal to your TV.' which is stated on ps web site.
I checked if the software up date might have caused the problem, but it hadnt installed, just downloaded. Anyone else had this problem?
Thanks

Hiya, yes i tried that, also conected it to another ps4, and it didnt work. so its either a update or vr processor unit gone.
I conected the ps4 straight to tv and ps4 works, when i connect the cable to the processor and then the out cable to Tv no picture so cant use Vr or ps4.
But found if i switch on the headset for VR i can still use it and play Vr games, but no image on tv.
So for the moment i have to unplug cable from ps4 connected to vr unit and connect straight to tv and i can play the ps4 as normal.
and when i want to play vr on ps4 i unplug from tv , put into vr processor unit then cable to tv . No image on tv screen but on headset.

Hiya, yes i tried that, also conected it to another ps4, and it didnt work. so its either a update or vr processor unit gone.
I conected the ps4 straight to tv and ps4 works, when i connect the cable to the processor and then the out cable to Tv no picture so cant use Vr or ps4.
But found if i switch on the headset for VR i can still use it and play Vr games, but no image on tv.
So for the moment i have to unplug cable from ps4 connected to vr unit and connect straight to tv and i can play the ps4 as normal.
and when i want to play vr on ps4 i unplug from tv , put into vr processor unit then cable to tv . No image on tv screen but on headset.

Sounds like the Processor unit then. Might be a job for Sony.

Fix & Replace | PlayStation Support | Sony PlayStation

Sorry I couldn't be of more help fella. Let us know how you get on, if you decide to repair it.

Back