PS5 Ps5 slow network speeds

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Hello.

I've bought a new ps5 for the TV downstairs so I can actually get a go ha.

It's connected by ethernet to a home plug which connects to the router literally 10ft away.

Upload Speeds are bad we have Vodafone 1gb and get over WiFi 700mb d/l and 5mb u/l

Over ethernet on 1gb bt homeplugs using cat 6e we get even worse 140mb d/l and 8mb u/l

The other ps5 is the same so I don't think it's the ps5

We originally got full speeds when we had the original ps5

Does one power router off and leave it off :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Then power it on to see if it updates or clears bugs.

Is the homeplug used on an extension?

I have tried a reset of home plugs, reset router and also the home plugs are straight into the wall. It used to work.

I've googled it and it seems it's a massive problem with upload speeds as loads have the same problem

I went to ps5 browser using some trick I seen as it doesn't have a browser like that

I used fast .com and did a speed test got 100mb upload but still crap downloads

Will go buy a new 10ft ethernet cable
Just use a shorter cable if you have it for testing purposes mate. As someone as mentioned as well, try Wi-Fi.
So test Wi-Fi, test ethernet and if they are the same as the home plugs then it points your ISP or router.
What happens when you run the network test on the PS5?
You could try changing your DNS on your router as that will be pointing to your ISP's probably. Change it to googles 8.8.8.8 as a test

Just use a shorter cable if you have it for testing purposes mate. As someone as mentioned as well, try Wi-Fi.
So test Wi-Fi, test ethernet and if they are the same as the home plugs then it points your ISP or router.
What happens when you run the network test on the PS5?
You could try changing your DNS on your router as that will be pointing to your ISP's probably. Change it to googles 8.8.8.8 as a test
WiFi on 5ghz is 700mb DL and 5mb UL

Ethernet is 140mb DL and 8mb UL

Tried changing DNS made zero difference

Tried a ten foot cable no difference

I'm sticking to WiFi. No reason to stay on ethernet

Cables are half a meter least they can be without being to short

Tried fast.com on ps5 over ethernet and got 700mb and 8mb upload.

So it's ps5 for some reason.

All my other devices are fine it's just the ps5

Everything else is 700-800mb over WiFi and 100 mb upload all day long

Do a speed test down that homeplug line with a laptop plugged in.
Homeplugs are a bit 💩 really. You know they need to be on the same circuit and not plugged into extensions for optimal performance?

Do a speed test down that homeplug line with a laptop plugged in.
Homeplugs are a bit 💩 really. You know they need to be on the same circuit and not plugged into extensions for optimal performance?
Yes there in the same room. Plugged directly into the wall.

It use to work ages ago. But randomly gone crap

I’d do a speed test on that line with a laptop which should obviously have a gigabit NIC.
You’ve tried resetting the home plugs?

Yes reset them loads of times now and reconnected them.

Tried laptop this morning it gets 750mb down and 100 up on the same home plugs give up with it.

I don’t really know what to suggest any further mate. Obviously theres a load of stuff out there about slow d/l speeds so it’s trying to wade through some of that. At least you know the line speed is ok.
Have pity on me though mate. I’ve got a PS5 and my fibre internet speed is 50mb even though I have gigabit ethernet in every room! 🤪

Back