Pure vpn have some issues.

bondy lad

Mornings all, firstly I hope I am posting in the right section???? , in brief there are 3 of us , all have android boxes and all have pure vpn,, 1 it works perfectly, the other buffered shocking starting a few weeks back and the 3rd started at w/e,, providers in order are,,, sky,, virgin and bt. Any ideas as to what is/has happened??? Yet one of us has zero problems, as usual please keep it simple as I am not tecky in any way,,, thanks in advance,, incidentally would it be that if we bought say a formuler box or nvidia shield would/fhoild it prevent these issues, the boxes we have Cost around 40/60 quid.

Depends on the ram in the boxes and how much your speeds are dropping are all the boxes on WiFi or hard wired.
Run a speed test on the boxes without vpn on and see what speeds you achieve then do the same again but with the vpn running.
Its always better when using a vpn to choose a server location closet to you

Iptv section would probably have been better, a mod might move it.

With iptv there are a lot of variables so finding out what is causing your issue is a process of elimination - basically working through each variable and ruling it out.

If one box is working fine, and all 3 are the same box, then it's not the device at fault.

If all three are using the same iptv provider and one is working fine, it's not the provider that's at fault.

Internet speed is your next port of call - install a speed test app on each box and post the results here.

Thanks guys, have checked the speeds with and without, both are more than adequate from my little knowledge. All 3 different boxes, but I will do what bazcfc suggests and let you guys know, all 3 are same provider, now to work out how to do what bazcfc suggests, we are all numptys us at this and basically switch vpn , on then off don’t really mess with anything else!!! Thanks again will update ASAP.

If referring to vpn location select UK and most vpn providers usually has a list like london Southampton ect are they all hard wired or WiFi? If WiFi then switch to ethanet and vice versa also try a full reboot of all routers

Have checked and put vpn on uk, speed was 50 with it on, froze after ten seconds, came on after 2 and then just alternated between both?? Very strange indeed.

Try it without the vpn for a while. If it works fine that points to it being the vpn/server you're connected to causing the issue.

Also, you need to clear the cache of the app you're using to watch iptv from time to time, and reboot your device and router occasionally.

Just as a helper on this. I have a BT Fibre connection that delivers around 160Mbps. My Zegemma H2S box has to connect via home plugs and in my house I lose a huge amount of Mbps and get around 50-65Mbps to the box. Now this used to be GREAT before I used a VPN because it would still deliver jitter free HD content. Now using Pure VPN, I'm between 9Mbps-15Mbps from that 65Mbps connection. This is using a server that's one town away (about 4 miles). Works great so far. But I've suffered issues for the "Big match" tonight which I would never have worried about when I didn't use a VPN.

One thing I can say, Pure VPN is better than Digibit. However if you want to put quality over quantity, I'd look into Nord or something.

Back