Pure vpn or advice

Idledawn

hello all
Supplier tells me vpn is now the way forward, i guess the other option is get a supplier with server vpn. Yes he's had this option for yrs but now he's telling us different
Looking for advice on vpn for f/stick and looked at pureVpn or your advice please
Thankyou

Most good suppliers have got around the blocks without the need for a vpn.I wouldn't say vpn was the way forward as that can cause issues if your internet speed is not great.
If you are sticking with the same supplier he should be able to tell you which vpn to use or I would find another supplier that runs without the need for a vpn.

Thankyou formandvoid
I have been with these guys for yrs , but lots of issues of late
I do have another unknown option , but open to your advice would be appreciated
Regards
Idledawn

My provider is solid.. no vpn needed.
BT SPORT. 3.00pm kick offs. Not a problem. Decent provider. not knocking no other suppliers but his services work fine..

You need to find a supplier who doesn't advertise stupidly enough for sky to block his server, finding a better provider on here would be your best choice because i know myself a few providers on here have found a way around issues, so trial and error to you find the perfect one mate.

Yep, agree with all the above.

Change supplier, VPN will slow down your internet, some more than others.

If you want to try it though Digibit costs £2 per month, rolling contract so you don't have to pay for 12 months and find it's not what you want.

Another way of looking at it is to go for an IPTV provider who doesn't need VPN and pay the extra £24 if necessary, that way you still get your full internet speed.

I only use it for downloading films / music etc not as a work around for IPTV so it's not on that often.

Fine replies guys big thanx
Been with these guy(s) for some years but issue after issue recently.
And im forever contacting ,
Will drop a msg
Regards
Idledawn

There is no need for a VPN with IPTV. The key to this is, finding an IPTV suppler that will not give out an M3U file or the Url to download it, as these contain all the information needed to compromise the IPTV server and it will get it shutdown if it falls into the hand of the old bill etc. So if you get a provider that will only provide for say MAG, STB EMU or smart iptv app you will most probably found one that is trying their hardest to not get shutdown by not providing user name and password details.

suppliers still need to give out portal address for mag, stbemu,smarttv and other apps so I don't see your point with the m3U? all the info is in the portal address.

My supplier stopped using m3u after the EPL blocks as it shows the server IP addresses and are easy to block.I know a few suppliers that wont use m3u
This is what my supplier said: we are not happy about getting EPL blocks so we are doing away with m3u altogether so the server IP addresses can not be seen.

My supplier stopped using m3u after the EPL blocks as it shows the server IP addresses and are easy to block.I know a few suppliers that wont use m3u
This is what my supplier said: we are not happy about getting EPL blocks so we are doing away with m3u altogether so the server IP addresses can not be seen.

Yes, but server addresses still can be seem by using Mag, StbEmu, Smarttv. as your supplier as to send then to you. M3U address is the same as the portals so I still not seeing the point here. If a sly agent wants to block you they only need the portal address to find the ip address its not rocket science. SmartTv still use M3U. The only thing that they not getting is the user and password, but that is not needed for a block just the ip address and server details.

suppliers still need to give out portal address for mag, stbemu,smarttv and other apps so I don't see your point with the m3U? all the info is in the portal address.
With the STB portal you need to connect with a device who's MAC has been given the access rights, whereas with the m3u it will give you a user name password and a list of all the links for every single stream that is available, with this you can use on any device. From a legal stand point you need to be able to prove that the portal address is being used for illegal streaming, as it can also be used for a legitimate reason, without access to this they will not be able to prove.

Yes, but server addresses still can be seem by using Mag, StbEmu, Smarttv. as your supplier as to send then to you. M3U address is the same as the portals so I still not seeing the point here. If a sly agent wants to block you they only need the portal address to find the ip address its not rocket science. SmartTv still use M3U. The only thing that they not getting is the user and password, but that is not needed for a block just the ip address and server details.

Portals work on your mac address,m3u is different. Since not using m3u my supplier has had no blocks ,m3u was constantly blocked.

Portals work on your mac address,m3u is different. Since not using m3u my supplier has had no blocks ,m3u was constantly blocked.
i dont't think it is as simple as just blocking the portal address as many suppliers openly advertise it on their websites. so it would be very easy to close them down if things were that simple. The thing is with m3u files you can see exactly where the streams are coming from

i dont't think it is as simple as just blocking the portal address as many suppliers openly advertise it on their websites. so it would be very easy to close them down if things were that simple. The thing is with m3u files you can see exactly where the streams are coming from
This is way I would never use a supplier that gives out m3u files.

If you read my comment I am talking about blocking m3u not portal address as you are saying.

Back