Quest 3

Price is attractive it the manufacturer is not. I didn’t like how at one point all owners were forced do have or join with a Facebook account. Even though we already had Oculus accounts. Even though it is not the case anymore, you never know when that will change based on history.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of getting one,

It's a quality device regarding resolution/ FOV etc, but the passthrough isn't what it appears to be in the videos you see. It captures it very well but in real time viewing its ropey. Bit like the first colour webcams. :)

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of getting one,

It's a quality device regarding resolution/ FOV etc, but the passthrough isn't what it appears to be in the videos you see. It captures it very well but in real time viewing its ropey. Bit like the first colour webcams. :)
I can vouch for this. It is grainy but once you are immersed in the game you don't notice the quality as much. I'm sure this will be something Meta can easily upgrade to HD quality in the Quest 4. Easy win for them to add HD pass through on the next model so some people will then go out and buy it again just for that. This is what all companies do now. Release tech with enough spec to keep the end user happy but hold back enough so they can add that on at a later date and charge you again.

@leemoo

Red Matter 2 is worth a go (very good graphics)
Also Real VR Fishing (especially the South Korea locations)

For mixed reality, give Eleven Table Tennis a try, also Clean Sheet in a mixed curved screen mode. :)

Also install SideQuest on a PC and in headset settings turn textures up to 3070 ;)

All freely available on Rookie.

@leemoo

Red Matter 2 is worth a go (very good graphics)
Also Real VR Fishing (especially the South Korea locations)

For mixed reality, give Eleven Table Tennis a try, also Clean Sheet in a mixed curved screen mode. :)

Also install SideQuest on a PC and in headset settings turn textures up to 3070 ;)

All freely available on Rookie.
Thanks for the tips mate. Much appreciated. Seen my boy on that clean sheet but will have to put it in the curve mode as you mention. Will take a look-see at the other games mentioned as well. Thanks again mate

Back