Question for Virgin customers UK

Mooley

TK Veteran
I was wondering if anyone can help. I have sent two boxes I'm not using anymore for obvious reasons over to my sis in London who is on vermin and she just received them this evening. She called me to ask how can she connect it as the cable going into the official box she has is different than the connection on the back of starview 2 and 3. Now she is not technical minded and the description of the connection I got is rubbish. So I'm unsure of what type of connection it is. Anyone tell me?? I advised initially that an f-connector is needed. Is this correct? Any help gratefully received!

That is correct - it is an ordinary F plug and then cable connector same as VM use, maybe she is not checking correctly (no offence intended) - ask her to describe exactly how the VM Live cable goes into the subbed box and then ask her does it unscrew by hand. (did you send the F plugs with the boxes?) - because that is what is probably confusing her.

Hi malci, thanks for your help mate. Yeah she says it screws out of the back of the vermin box. I didn't send any connectors with the boxes as I didn't know what type they use on official boxes. So she should unscrew the cable from back of official box and connect into f-connector then into back of starview?

That's correct Mooley, needs the F connector to couple up the Starview exact same as you over there - but she would be better to put a splitter in and have the best of both worlds, maybe she likes catchup TV on the subbed box.

Your a gent malci cheers mate! I'm just looking at an f-connector I have here and was thinking it is the right one! I have a normal connection here with yuwpsee not like that one it seems. Ah she can do without catchup for the moment cheers mate although I reckon down the road I'll get her to do the splitter thing so as they see she has used new card etc.

Your welcome mate, that's all she's missing is the F plug to go into the Starview and then she can of of course just screw the VM Live feed cable onto the F plug and away she goes.:happy: (it's always easier to screw the VM Cable onto the F plug first and then just plug right into the Starview) (y)

Well just to cap this. During the last few days she has gotten 3 wrong connections (don't ask me how!). She went into a proper electrical store today, asked and he handed it to her straight away. Took 2 mins to get her up and running by phone after all that messing! Thanks again to everyone here for their assistance on this lads. Appreciated! She and her kids are now :happy: (y)

Back