R4 Wont Work On DS

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any knowledge of this problem?.....I tried to use an R4 card in a friends DS, but it wouldnt work. I tried the same R4 in my DS and it works. I tried a TT card in the DS and it works. so, apparantly this DS wont accept R4 cards, but will accept TT cards.........Any ideas??

Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any knowledge of this problem?.....I tried to use an R4 card in a friends DS, but it wouldnt work. I tried the same R4 in my DS and it works. I tried a TT card in the DS and it works. so, apparantly this DS wont accept R4 cards, but will accept TT cards.........Any ideas??

Hi wheelo
sometimes the card might not sit right in the ds,try putting a very thin piece of paper between the card and the ds and try then:rock on:

thanks for the replies guys,
sinno, i had heard of that problem and put a piece of paper down the back to try to push the contacts together, no joy.
Lainie, yes its definitely a ds, the same as mine, model No. usg001 copyright 2006.
the funny thing is that the TT worked no problem, just the R4 didn't.
any other ideas???

thanks for the replies guys,
sinno, i had heard of that problem and put a piece of paper down the back to try to push the contacts together, no joy.
Lainie, yes its definitely a ds, the same as mine, model No. usg001 copyright 2006.
the funny thing is that the TT worked no problem, just the R4 didn't.
any other ideas???

Not one you will like,
back up all your card data to your computer,re format the sd card,go here for latest firmware http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
try card in the ds and see does it work,only after testing then put all your games and saves back on card.
Good luck wheelo(y)

sinno, again thanks for your reply,
let me get this right...... start by getting the memory card formatted, no problem.
then visit that link and get latest software.. again no problem.
then put games on..no problem..
the reason why I tried this card in the friends DS is that she wants a card for her birthday, so it is no problem which card she gets, it just had me baffled as to why this card would work in two different DS's and not in a third.
I will try the above and let you know, so you have the answer should it come up again.
just one quick thing will the latest R4 firmware brick my DS, as per your new post today????
thanks again sinno

Dont forget to back the card up first,thats a future update
When you put the card in was it even recognised by the ds

sorry for the delay sinno, I wasn't home at all yesterday.
the DS, when turned on said that there was no card inserted. i have a new R4 card that i was going to do for her, but I will now just do a TT as no R4 works. i will however, try your solution above and try it then.

it used to happen to me with a r4 before ,i just kept putting it in and taking it out until it made contact,my advice go with the other card

Back