Rate my Computer

mag7898

Intel i5 650 cpu
14GB of Ram
Nvidia 465 graphics card
Sound Blaster Sound Card
Asus P7P55 LX motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit system

The best score I am able to get on the Windows Experiance Chart is 5.9. My system has no problems after Putting the Stop Zilla security along with the extra premium service they offer. I have found that when I go to play H.A.W.X. 2 that the security is seemingly lacking. I have picked up a nasty virus , not to mention the times of being booted off line from one of the nuts who pleasure themselves in actions like that. Enough preaching What do you think of my system and what are my next upgrades? Thanks Mark

Whats giving you the lowest score on the experience index? 5.9 obviously which isnt THAT low but what is it? Better still just give your full score :)

Are you sure your being kicked and not lagging out from the hawx server?

Stop zilla gets bad reviews and i have read people recommending getting rid of it and getting a good free antivirus with real time protection and maybe if you wanna go premium get malwarebytes instead of stopzilla.
People report that they are getting alot of infections with stopzilla installed, im sure youve read up on reviews yourself though ...?

Hi

Processor 7.0 Ram 7.1 Graphics 7.6 Gaming Graphics is 7.6 Primary Hard Disk is 5.9 . So that is the reason for my score of 5.9 the lowest number provided. I just had that score on my old system and I really thought this system and the upgrades I made would give me a better overall score. So what do you think? Thanks Mark G.

well considering 7.9 is the highest thats pretty dam good!
Im afraid there is nothing more i can say really unless you want to go looking at getting a new hard drive maybe?
Back to the gaming issue and being kicked, you should really give some other security software a run to see if that makes a difference to being kicked or lagged?
Even lagging could cause you getting a sudden kick from a server as one person lagging could disrupt the game to others.
There is a hell of a lot to try and test here other than the actual hardware of your system like your ISP, network settings, your actual graphics settings and so on.
Other than that, id love your comp myself lol

14GB Ram?! How do you even go about getting one that size....god knows I need a bigger RAM !!! 'scuse the thread hijack!
Joe

i've seen a custom built PC with 48GB Ram Memory i think it was..

Here it is :)

Code:
[URL="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170619832914&category=179&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_2836wt_1396"]Worlds Fastest PC 12 x 3.8ghz CPU's 2 x GTX 590 SLI | eBay[/URL]

you people have some crazy pc's 14gb ram - 48gb ram major jealous at the moment only got 3gb ram
i never thout ram's was built so large in 2011 unless them from china or something then thats possible...

I was just looking at upgrading to i7 2600k over the past few days at £300 just for cpu, but then after running sisoft benckmarks and checking out reviews and still not much touches my system even after 4 and half years..! think will stick with what ive got and do a few minor upgrades.
windows scores
Processor 7.3 intel Q6600 oc to 3.6
Ram 7.3 6GB OCZ Dual Channel Reaper oc 1200Mhz
Graphics 6.9 Nvidia 8800GTS
Gaming graphics 6.9
Hard drive 5.9 2x Samsung F3 1.5TB raid 0 on sata 2
Will look at upgrading graphics card even though still plays whatever i throw at it, but definatly looking at ssd in raid 0 this will improve my 5.9 score and sytem will be lightning quick and now much cheaper @ebuyer x2 OCZ 60GB Agility 3 SSD at £120 only Needed for windows and apps/games have plenty of storage on hdd's
mag7898 i would rec ssd raid 0 you do have a good score for one hdd must be sata 3 6Gb improvements.
14Gb of ram though is overkill sounds good but in real world use 8GB of that is not being used at all and is wasted Most 32bit apps will only use up to 2GB of RAM. The app itself needs to be coded take advantage of a 64bit OS with Multi Core CPUs and large amounts of RAM. If not, all the extra simply does not help. Unless you are doing large rendering jobs of multiple video and audio tracks. Or very large Photoshop type stuff. Or many many Virtual Machines. 14Gb is a complete and total waste in a desktop computer. :)

Last edited:
I would say that the i7 processors are way over rated for most users needs and are definitely way, way over priced even though the technology is amazing in many ways. The i5 is much better value.

As for your statement

Virtual Machines. 14Gb is a complete and total waste in a desktop computer.

I would have to disagree with you on that one (user requirements dependent of course). For example, in my case I work a lot with tech support\Helpdesk via phone and have many VM's of different OS's at my disposal on my main machine. With all the little varying locations for certain clicks across the different OS's it can be hard at times to remember all the clicks for all the OS's when caught on the hop via phone lol especially when dealing with customers on older OS's that you may not have physically used in some time. I have Approx 5 OS's under VM totalling Approx 60GB - 100GB and think it is minor enough out of a 2TB drive when it means I can have 6 OS's readily available to me on one machine. Way better than having to have 6 machines?

As said earlier, that's just my scenario and my opinion, it wouldn't be right for everyone I guess ;)

Back