Rate my rig!! :)

Ventryx

Hey guys, I've had this gaming PC since 2010 and it still runs games like a charm, I just wanted to post here to ask how much longer will I be using this before I get an upgrade. I got the parts separately and got it custom made at a PC shop for around $900 CAD. Thanks:

Specs:

Video card: ATI Radeon 5700 Series
Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU (quad core) 2.67 GHz
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P7H55-M PRO
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 32 bit
RAM: 4 gb
Harddrive: 1 tb (1000 gb)

I apologize if I missed anything, I myself am not a computer hardware expert. Thank you for your time :)

That is pretty decent still considering you bought it in 2010. One thing I will mention though, your OS is 32bit but you have 4GB of RAM. I think upgrading to a 64 OS will help your PC utilise more than 3GB of ram (32bit supports up to 3GB). A quick Google search shows that 64bit drivers are actually available for your PC:

Code:
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&s=32&m=P7H55-M%20PRO&os=30&hashedid=vOvmywqPUY78qUzh

Thanks for the quick reply! I went to the website but I don't know what to do, could you please help me out here? Sorry for being a noob :P

Thanks for the quick reply! I went to the website but I don't know what to do, could you please help me out here? Sorry for being a noob :P

While you remain on a 32bit Operating System there is nothing you need to do. A 32bit OS can only really handle up to 3GB of RAM so if you wanted to use your full RAM or even add more you would need to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 64bit followed by any necessary 64bit drivers for your system.

To answer your original question. If your current setup plays everything you want it to do? why the panic? You really only need to change things when you get a new game your present system won't play at your desired settings.

Back