Re-use old H2S box for freesat and IPTV

Hi everyone,
As the title says, I have now got rid of my sly subscription and want to use my old H2S box to view freesat and IPTV but I am failing misrabley. I have loaded wooshbuild and followed the instructions but for some reason I can't get many channels about 50 of them.

I have selected 28.2E on tuner A and every time I scan I get hardly any channels and no longer seem to get any BBC or other terrestrial channels.

What am I doing wrong !!

Hi everyone,
As the title says, I have now got rid of my sly subscription and want to use my old H2S box to view freesat and IPTV but I am failing misrabley. I have loaded wooshbuild and followed the instructions but for some reason I can't get many channels about 50 of them.

I have selected 28.2E on tuner A and every time I scan I get hardly any channels and no longer seem to get any BBC or other terrestrial channels.

What am I doing wrong !!
Have you specified freesat UK in autoboquetmaker/providers?

Hi everyone,

What am I doing wrong !!
Check the signal strength?

did you have standard sky or SkyQ? if the latter is your LNB a hybrid LNB?

Thanks Grog. I had Sky Q and just googled and found that I can't use my current LNB so just been on Amazone and bought a replacement. Up a ladder tomorrow for me then and hopefully it will all work fine lol.

Any recommendations on what software I should use? Want a simple interface for the wife and kids to access freesat and then easy for me to click into IPTV.

any build would work or even bare atv and then add plugins/skins you need.

Plugin for iptv would depend on your provider, most would add the feeds to the bouquets so it looks similar to sky

any build would work or even bare atv and then add plugins/skins you need.

Plugin for iptv would depend on your provider, most would add the feeds to the bouquets so it looks similar to sky
my provider says to use xstreamity but is there a way to download it without having to load via usb?

my provider says to use xstreamity but is there a way to download it without having to load via usb?
if it's not in the downloadable plugins list on the box then you will need to copy the ipk file to box or usb stick and install manually

if using windows pc, open windows explorer/file explorer and on left should see 'Network', click on that and your box should be listed, you should then be able to browse to Root/tmp folder and copy file into there.

If using ATV 6.4 (recommended) you would need to set a password on the box first (Setup -> System -> Network -> Password setup)

ok so ive loaded via xstreamity but nothing works as I assume I need to load my vpn on. can I do that in the app?
If nothing is working a VPN won't help, isp's only block when live premier league is on and it's not.
Are you sure the iptv is still live and not expired?
Have you tried it on your phone or firestick?

Back