reactivation 3 gs

ajs-545

my previously jailbroke phone was factory reset , now will not reactivate. using i tunes it just keeps asking for sim even though the sim is installed. ............................... any ideas guys please . was using o2 sim while jail broke . not sure what the previous carrier was.cannot get into phone to find out . Is it f....d or not .?????????????????

The problem you have got is once you have jailbreak your phone and do a factory reset. I tunes resets your phone to original carrier settings which means you have to put the sim card from the original carrier. So if the phone was locked to t-mobile and then after you have done a factory reset you got to put a t-mobile sim back in...
There is a program called umbrella which takes iphones out of activation without inserting a sim....

Last edited:
umbrella not worked ,can you or anyone tell me how to find out what the original carrier was if you cannot enter phone . save having to try all the different sims ???????

I had that problem and tried various sims, the one that worked for me was a Tesco mobile sim I borrowed from someone. Think it was pay as you go (uk). Try a T-Mobile sim if you can get hold of one.My iphone 4 is factory unlocked but it still claims to be a T-Mobile phone.

Back