Rear projection tv

tipoly

Hi people I have an old Sony rear projection tv. Model number is LSD-50e2010. See what's happend is that the lamp blew so I've brought a new lamp replaced it as instructed but all I get now is a black screen and the sound. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on what the problem is? How it can be fixed? Or is it dead? Please if you have any ideas just shar them I would be most grateful.

Maybe the problem wasnt the lamp in the first place?
Id bring it to a sony repair center and ask them whats wrong with it then take it back and try fix it myself depending on how much it was going to cost.
I wouldnt be able to throw any guesses at this even sorry.

Cant seem to find much around the web other than a ballst board or something which powers the lamp but it is a shot in the dark.
Try reseating the lamp again.

I doubt very much that its normal for a lamp in a rear projection to shatter when it expires.
I would bring it to a repair center before you electrocute yourself!

if your in the uk do what i did when i used to have a rear projector, go to dixons or currys and get an extended warranty (i didnt buy mine from them i got it from toshiba) it cost me £25 for the warrenty and it was fixed the next day.

if your in the uk do what i did when i used to have a rear projector, go to dixons or currys and get an extended warranty (i didnt buy mine from them i got it from toshiba) it cost me £25 for the warrenty and it was fixed the next day.

does that actually work? If that was the case wouldn't everyone exploit the system?

the pic quality is soooo poor on a rear projection tv would u recamend plasma or led /?????
led tvs are hard to beat for quality and style

Added after 3 minutes:

as to the sony back projections i had one early 2000 it had an alignment problem after a lamp was replaced sony had it for 6 weeks it came back still had the prob after numerous calls and another engineer call out to the home he admitted there was somewhere in the range of 120 settings in the engineering menu accessed via a remote code that the engineers have no idea or training on. solution binned the sony back proj and bought a toshiba which served me well till i got a plasma

Last edited:
My experiance with these things is ,take it to an expert, if the bulb blows and it dosn't work when you have replaced it this as other members have said,it might have not been the problem to start with,fuses and bulbs usualy blow when there has been a surge of power,These bulbs can be expencive so i suggest seek expert advice,My mate had one of these and belive it or not,we found at the local tip/recycle depot that people were just disposing of there older tvs/Projection tv's,slipped the guy a couple of pounds and he let us take what we wanted,another way is o on some of these FREE CYCLE sites there are allways people getting rid of stuff who are glad of someone getting the use of there unwanted items that can be put to good use,Good Luck

Back