Reasons you WOULDN'T buy an xbox360

Lanx

I'll start.... Red light of death.
Common and still very much an issue apparantly this comes from a reliable source.

Last edited:
My kids have had an xbox 360 now for the last two years and they have never had any problems with it and they love it.

I believe most of the problems come from people letting the unit overheat, because they haven't left adequate room for ventilation.

Yep kids have had them for years and no problems, I have the feeling it's probably the people that sit in front of them for 12 hours at a time that begger them

Yep kids have had them for years and no problems, I have the feeling it's probably the people that sit in front of them for 12 hours at a time that begger them

Quite right I have spent hours myself in front of an xbox that had this very problem. But consoles should be able to withstand hours of playtime...
When ups are shipping hundreds of xbox's a week for repair, I think it's a sign.
I have a ps3 now and have had many hours of play with no such problems.

Well when my son gets a new game and he's off school he could play all day and nothing ever happens ours.

It isn't in a unit though, and has plenty of room around it for ventilation.

We don't have a ps3 so i can't comment on that.

I've had my 80gig PS3 since they launched the 80g model. Countless hours on it, no problems. Fan runs alot, but it's in a fairly well ventilated area.

No xbox360, but i still have my original Xbox. My son plays it often. You have to tap it to get it to open. :grin:

My son has an Xbox 360 and it gets savage use without any problem.

He uses it for streaming Docs & Movies from my PC too & loves it.

I know the red ring was a major issue in the earlier models but I think it's pretty much sorted in the more recently manufactured models.

I agree with some of the other posters point, most PC problems are caused by something between the keyboard and the chair & I think it's the same for the Xbox :)

Actually, to answer the original question:

The only reason I wouldn't by one is because they are totally addictive ......

-

Last edited:
I've had my 80gig PS3 since they launched the 80g model. Countless hours on it, no problems. Fan runs alot, but it's in a fairly well ventilated area.

No xbox360, but i still have my original Xbox. My son plays it often. You have to tap it to get it to open. :grin:

I have had the 60gig model since it launched and also have had an xbox360. No problems with the ps3 at all! I have always kept both consoles in well ventilated areas and looked after them with the upmost respect.
Got the red light of death on the 360 after just 10mnths.

well im on my second 360 console, got red ring on the first one, got it fixed,not by microsoft, then video went so i sold it and got a new modded one, i honestly dont care if it goes again ill keep getting the xbox again, i had a jap ps3 with 5 games, traded in the 5 games and sold the console seperately and made a nice profit, my own personal opinion but i never did like the ps's

xbox is great for my kids the games are free (barring the dual layers) and they even had the ring of death which incidently microsoft repaired and delivered it back to me in under 2 weeks

it had been flashed and well over 12 months old they sent it back with a new 3 year warranty and even the copy game which was in the drive came back.you cant ask for much more really

i would recommend to anyone

I've had an xbox360 for 2 years no problem, just be smart and keep the fans clear and keep space, and a reason to get one better graphics and drive can be flashed to play backups.

Back