Reboot options

Bigtexo

Hello,

I've got a decent iptv sub. However I do once in a while struggle with all sports. It becomes stuttery.

Is doing a full restart of my Internet and my box the best way, to possibly rectify the issue, or do you have any other ideas.

Cheers

Best to unplug your router just pull power lead out of the back then reinstate it after 30 seconds. Maybe your provider if sports are a bit stuttery but you don't say what box you have?

I h
Best to unplug your router just pull power lead out of the back then reinstate it after 30 seconds. Maybe your provider if sports are a bit stuttery but you don't say what box you have?

Thanks,

I have a formuler f1 box.

Sounds like it would be a provider issue. when you see it happening again switch to a non paid channel like BBC and see if it happens, if it don't it will be the feed that your provider gets.

Sounds like it would be a provider issue. when you see it happening again switch to a non paid channel like BBC and see if it happens, if it don't it will be the feed that your provider gets.

This wouldn't show him anything mate has BBC is a fta satellite channel so he has to reset his router to refresh it back up to full speed if it is still the same it could be provider or it could be his internet provider. BBC will always work fine unless his dish was out of line or really bad weather etc.

This wouldn't show him anything mate has BBC is a fta satellite channel so he has to reset his router to refresh it back up to full speed if it is still the same it could be provider or it could be his internet provider. BBC will always work fine unless his dish was out of line or really bad weather etc.
I see what you are saying pal i did think he was just using IPTV and not FTA TV my bad.

So I have fibre and my Internet always sits at 190mb+
My provider is from here and its a mix fta l, sly sub and iptv. Its really good.
It's improved since the reboot though.

Maybe you just needed to reboot if still have same issues its defiantly your provider who is probably a reseller and not his own server so probably wont be able to help you sort issues.

It is good practice to re-boot your router every couple of days, as iptv is quite demanding on your internet.

I also do a full reboot every few days. The stuttering seems more pronounced through my mag box than my android boxes. The reboot rectifies the problem. I was told, for what it is worth, that it is caused by the cheap routers supplied by sly and the others. Would be interesting to know if it could be eliminated by a quality router?

I have a good quality router the difference is you can get away with a reboot about once a month. however, i have mine on a timer so it reboots every day around 5am

I have a good quality router the difference is you can get away with a reboot about once a month. however, i have mine on a timer so it reboots every day around 5am
Yes, I can see the merit in a quality router as I understand they have greater memory and it makes sense they will cope better with the demands of iptv. However think at the moment will settle on the regular rebooting which in my case with an excellent sub works fine.

Back