WooshBuild Recommendations Guy`s on Image Build Please

I tried a Zgemma H2H which is a H3 and got the following, so there is an issue which needs to be investigated.

Code:
Welcome to openATV for zgemmah2h
openatv 7.3 zgemmah2h

zgemmah2h login: root
Password:
Last login: Tue Oct 10 23:23:06 BST 2023 on pts/1
root@zgemmah2h:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-skins-kiddac-1080-slyk-q
Couldn't find anything to satisfy 'enigma2-plugin-skins-kiddac-1080-slyk-q'.
Unknown package 'enigma2-plugin-skins-kiddac-1080-slyk-q'.
 * opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-skins-kiddac-1080-slyk-q.
root@zgemmah2h:~#

Installing the ipks from forum works though

Code:
root@zgemmah2h:~# opkg install /tmp/*.ipk
Installing enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-kiddac-shared-skin (1.11) on root.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-kiddac-shared-skin.
root@zgemmah2h:~# opkg install /tmp/*.ipk
Installing enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk-q-1080 (1.43.20230713) on root.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk-q-1080.
root@zgemmah2h:~#

Last edited:
Not every receiver supports the 1080p skins.

I tried a Zgemma H2H which is a H3 and got the following, so there is an issue which needs to be investigated.

Code:
Welcome to openATV for zgemmah2h
openatv 7.3 zgemmah2h

zgemmah2h login: root
Password:
[/QUOTE]
Is the ZGH5 classed as H3?
It's been a while since I tried an older device

I'll have to do it tomorrow dude. Have it switched off now. Its getting under my skin. The missus is going mad I ever tampered with it at all....

I've never had any issues flashing images before...
Did you install the skin pack by command line as advised above?

Did you install the skin pack by command line as advised above?
Hi. I'm not at home until this evening.

Just to be clear, can you post the commands i need to enter.

Is it 1 command or multiple?
Apologies if this is self explanatory but I just want to be sure and I normally just add a build but am not this time.

Thanks

Hi. I'm not at home until this evening.

Just to be clear, can you post the commands i need to enter.

Is it 1 command or multiple?
Apologies if this is self explanatory but I just want to be sure and I normally just add a build but am not this time.

Thanks
@Abu Baniaz said the ipk from the forum works but I'm not sure where he means, he'll post details when he sees this

The IPKG installer changes that now allow people to install multiple packages at a time mean there are two extra steps compared to the original instructions.

If you do not highlight the ipks you want to install, there is nothing selected, so nothing will install.

Transfer both the shared skin component and skin to /tmp (as well as any other ipk you want to install)
  • Menu > Setup > Software Management > Install local extension
  • Memory /tmp
  • Press OK on Install extensions
  • Highlight and press OK on the packages you want to install so that they have a tick
  • Press Green to install

install manual ipk on atv.gif

Hey folks. Just to let you know I sorted all that. Once I knew there was a problem with the plugins in general I went about it a different way.

I downloaded the file, saved in in the tmp folder and ran a command in putty to the box. All updated and we are back in business.

Thanks again everyone!

Hey folks. Just to let you know I sorted all that. Once I knew there was a problem with the plugins in general I went about it a different way.

I downloaded the file, saved in in the tmp folder and ran a command in putty to the box. All updated and we are back in business.

Thanks again everyone!
Glad to hear you got things sorted :smiley: but if you had actually read on original forum Kiddac shared skin component needed to be installed.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got things sorted but if you had actually read on original forum Kiddac shared skin component needs to be installed.
Hi, I did but the only way I could install them was running a command script in putty.

Downloading them through the remote on the box was not working for me...

Thanks again all.

Back