Recommended duration of a line?

How long to you suggest taking out a line for from a trusted provider?

I have used the "request a line" thread and have been recommended a few providers by forum veterans.

Even with these trusted providers would it be a good idea to sign up to 12 months, or do most people on this forum tend to do shorter periods?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

More chance of us vetrans being around in 3/12 months as members tend to come and go. As for length os sub it entirely your choice if there any good they should replace your line as many times as required (hopefully none) while still in subscription period.

If the supplier is 100% safe, then 12 months is always the most cost effective.

Is your question aimed more along the line of "will the loophole get closed"?

Are you talking Sly or Virmin?

Purchase for shorter times if you can, build trust with any provider if your concerned, any decent provider will work with you to build a relationship and as dillyp70 says, TK Vets and TK VIP's are your best option.

Not necessarily, I understand that's a risk taken regardless of the line chosen.

It was more so to see if any forum users had experiences of where they have used the same line for a number of years, or if the norm was to change providers every few months.

Not necessarily, I understand that's a risk taken regardless of the line chosen.

It was more so to see if any forum users had experiences of where they have used the same line for a number of years, or if the norm was to change providers every few months.

Without any kind of forum feedback, and no way of knowing for certain how long that person has been supplying lines, then it's a kind of lottery.

Who knows which offer will be a good one and which one you will regret? Just because a member has been on here for a few years is no g'tee that they have actually been providing a good service for years.

Just go back to sky and pay ££££ every month you read to much into things. It works and has done for a long time.

Without any kind of forum feedback, and no way of knowing for certain how long that person has been supplying lines, then it's a kind of lottery.

Who knows which offer will be a good one and which one you will regret? Just because a member has been on here for a few years is no g'tee that they have actually been providing a good service for years.

WOW!! back to sky you go, lol

Having a line from any provider is a "risk" as it could all stop tomorrow but considering the price you pay for a line compared to paying sly every month its worth it. Consider this, you pay £30-50 for a line thats supposed to last a year, if you do get cut off after say 6 months look at how much money you have saved so far. This is card sharing, risk is part of the service, always has, always will.

It always amazes me how much people will complain about saving ££££'s with lines when providers go under, its like buying a £1000 60" Smart TV with all netflix and every other addon provided for £20 and then complaining when it stops working after 6 months, lol

Last edited:

WOW!! back to sky you go, lol

Having a line from any provider is a "risk" as it could all stop tomorrow but considering the price you pay for a line compared to paying sly every month its worth it. Consider this, you pay £30-50 for a line thats supposed to last a year, if you do get cut off after say 6 months look at how much money you have saved so far. This is card sharing, risk is part of the service, always has, always will.

It always amazes me how much people will complain about saving ££££'s with lines when providers go under, its like buying a £1000 60" Smart TV with all netflix and every other addon provided for £20 and then complaining when it stops working after 6 months, lol

They still think they have been robbed mate. Like you said try a month then another if all good push thd boat out try 3 months. Lol

Honesty is always the best ----but no-one will or should give feedback about a provider on an open forum---too many eyes around feeding back to the murdoch mafia.
Reaper.

yep, they have been robbed for saving ££££'s every year.

I know its not nice when a line provider stops but this forum is full of information so they can understand exactly what they are getting into and what to expect, just goes to show how "spoiled" sly has made them :)

My server dose not have a option for a year since HD went tits up. I just pay 6 months. I have been with the same supplier for years .I know i could get cheaper but he always responds within a hour with any problems and the line is very high quality

Last edited:
Back