Recommended VPN?

Lahn1980

Hi, can anyone recommend a fast VPN service? I previously bought NordVPN, as most review sites said it was fast and good performance. However, my std downlaod fast BB speed is circa 72Mbps but if I enable NordVPN it massively drops to circa 22Mbps. Whilst that's apparently still ok for watching IPTV, I don't want install the VPN on my router else whole household will be affected. I currently have it on my ZGemma H2S box but 22Mps from 72 is riduculous (isn't it?)

I used digibit. Minimal loss of speed (about 10% on a 45mbps) if connected to the right server. £2 a month with no long subscription required. A no brainer to try digibit.

But the 22mbps you're getting is plenty fast enough to watch iptv through.

Last edited:
Hi, can anyone recommend a fast VPN service? I previously bought NordVPN, as most review sites said it was fast and good performance. However, my std downlaod fast BB speed is circa 72Mbps but if I enable NordVPN it massively drops to circa 22Mbps. Whilst that's apparently still ok for watching IPTV, I don't want install the VPN on my router else whole household will be affected. I currently have it on my ZGemma H2S box but 22Mps from 72 is riduculous (isn't it?)
Change the protocol in nord settings 1st c if that helps with your speed

All.vpns lose speed just way it is. Some more than others.

Use ipvanish which have for nearly a year and still works. Pretty good tbh. Lose speeds but it's fine tbh.

All.vpns lose speed just way it is. Some more than others.

Use ipvanish which have for nearly a year and still works. Pretty good tbh. Lose speeds but it's fine tbh.
They shouldn't reduce your speeds to much no more 10 meg. If you are getting really slow speeds try changeing location.

They shouldn't reduce your speeds to much no more 10 meg. If you are getting really slow speeds try changeing location.

I have found doesn't matter what location/server on few vpns like nord and ip vanish but lose 25%-40% roughly speed.

Don't use VPN much for that reason only when need to.

I have found doesn't matter what location/server on few vpns like nord and ip vanish but lose 25%-40% roughly speed.

Don't use VPN much for that reason only when need to.
Thats why i cannot understand people who recomend Nord it hammers your speed

Other vpns similar not just nord for me.

Hence only ever use VPN sparingly.

Never can you not lose speed with all of them.

i tested surfshark, and i went from 216Mbps down to 60Mbps.
that was enough for me to say "no thanks".

Back