Recording from one and watching from another transponder ?

avathar

Hi,
i just bought for my friend Zgemma H9.2S (it is almost the same as h.2s - at least at matter what i ask) and i'm confused about simultaneously watching 1 channel and recording 2 channel on different transponder.
Is it possible if i use Twin converter and two cables ?

My friend is using unicable and he is not capable to watch from one and record from another transponder. So in this case i suspect that only FBC would work?

If he has suppplied signal to both tuners by means of splitter and configured/set correctly, they will be independent.

FBC is not required.

Ok so my friend thought that it will work on one cable only..., what of course can't work because lack of FBC.
And now with one unicable connected to tunner A and second cable from legacy out connected to tunner B, simultaneous watching and recording on different transponders works fine.

But in a meantime he encounter new problem. His setup is converter with 1 unicable out and 2x legacy outs. Then he have 2 way unicable splitter so one cable is connected to his dad's tuner and second one goes to him.

And here is a problem. When he connect tunerA or B to unicable, he have a jumping SNR problem on only one transponder - 11278.36V 27500 3/4. SNR is jumping like 0-70% and screen freezes when SNR is close to 0. Every one channel on other transponders works fine. Also when he tested dad's tuner on his end(unicable) signal looks fine on that "bad" transponder.
So i thought that, maybe zgemma has some tuner problem, but then he tested with legacy out connected to the tunner and suddenly "bad transponder" works fine.

So any ideas what in unicable configuration can cause signal problem on specific transponder ?

Last edited:
Back