Recording issue - zgemma h92h

devnull10

I have a zgemma h92h with OpenATV latest flashed on it (no other image). I am trying out some IPTV subs, and want to test recording. However I am having issues with that....

I've got a 1Tb external HDD which I've formatted and initialized. I can ssh onto the box and see it mounted to /media/hdd and it has the timeshift/movies folders on there. However if I try to record a channel, nothing happens. The menu shows saying "add recording (Stop after current event) etc" and the spinner shows in the top-right, but it just freezes with the menu on the screen like that. I then have to restart the box to resolve. I'm trying to record just the stream I'm watching, so don't think it's multiroom related.

I have a zgemma h92h with OpenATV latest flashed on it (no other image). I am trying out some IPTV subs, and want to test recording. However I am having issues with that....

I've got a 1Tb external HDD which I've formatted and initialized. I can ssh onto the box and see it mounted to /media/hdd and it has the timeshift/movies folders on there. However if I try to record a channel, nothing happens. The menu shows saying "add recording (Stop after current event) etc" and the spinner shows in the top-right, but it just freezes with the menu on the screen like that. I then have to restart the box to resolve. I'm trying to record just the stream I'm watching, so don't think it's multiroom related.
Can't record iptv unless you have multiroom sub mate that's probably why box is freezing try recording a freesat channel if you have lnb connected or a cable channel

Ah - can you not record the single channel you are watching? Haven't set up Sat or Cable on it at the moment, just IPTV.

OK, so I've got a multiroom sub to try out and see if I can get this working; however it still does exactly the same.

Recording is hit and miss on enigma2 I don't think you can use serviceapp and only service type 1 works unless things have changed since tying it.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is "service type 1"?
Service types are used to help with buffering with Servicapp. What do you to create your iptv bouquets?

Check service type or stream types change to 1 then import bouquets. If you have serviceapp installed goto serviceapp and change player to original.

Check if recording works although you may experience buffering

Back