Recording live IPTV

soltia

TK Supporter
Got a neighbour who I have set up with a firestick and a sub , all works fine , but he wants to record the odd footie match for when he is out. I haven't looked into what is involved in recording using the stick yet , but I had a Formuler Z8 delivered friday and am super impressed with it , especially this MyTVOnline2 app and the way the buttons on the remote allow you to use it.
Apparently a pal of his says the Sony TV that my neighbour has will record anything playing on it to a usb drive. Is that correct ? I would have thought that the IPTV on the firestick wouldn't be picked up as "playing on the TV" ?

Most IPTV apps have a record feature. For instance Smarters, XCIPTV, Tivimate, etc. You can schedule live recording. The only issue with recording onto Firesticks is that there is only a small amount of storage memory. Depending on the Firestick, you could potentially record 2hrs - 6hrs worth of shows. I personally use an adapter (bought on Amazon) that allows the adding of a USB memory stick. Then, you can record alot more.

Good luck finding a provider who offers catchup on every channel, especially the event pop-up streams. If recording is essential best to find a service with very rare stream pauses/glitches

I agree with @Ferret. relying on iptv to record content is bound to give issues. No way as reliable as recording from sat, freeview for example.

Catchup alot of services offer it. Just have to find the right one. Believe most are UK channels and ppvs that are part of the catchup.

I agree with @Ferret. relying on iptv to record content is bound to give issues. No way as reliable as recording from sat, freeview for example.

Catchup alot of services offer it. Just have to find the right one. Believe most are UK channels and ppvs that are part of the catchup.
Yes as you say but depends on supplier I have noticed with some more USA than UK catchup available

Good luck finding a provider who offers catchup on every channel, especially the event pop-up streams. If recording is essential best to find a service with very rare stream pauses/glitches
Agreed but the OP makes a reference to the odd football match something catchup does try and cover.

Agree @ferret , I explained to the fella that spending money on a new box and a hard drive is a gamble with IPTV , I said exactly the same thing , "if the stream freezes and your not there to press play" you can lose the whole thing.
Catch up is no good , most of the recording ( like mine) would be on channels like "Now Sports" where the actual match is the only time the channel is live and without an epg , you can't schedule a recording.

Most IPTV apps have a record feature. For instance Smarters, XCIPTV, Tivimate, etc. You can schedule live recording. The only issue with recording onto Firesticks is that there is only a small amount of storage memory. Depending on the Firestick, you could potentially record 2hrs - 6hrs worth of shows. I personally use an adapter (bought on Amazon) that allows the adding of a USB memory stick. Then, you can record alot more.
How do you record to an external device, i have connected an exteral flash drive but can't seem to finds it when i go into change directory

Back