recording on fire stick?

wigan13

hi guys
could someone tell me if its possible to record on a fire stick i have an iptv sub so it would be great if i could record,thanks in advance.
wigan13

hi guys
could someone tell me if its possible to record on a fire stick i have an iptv sub so it would be great if i could record,thanks in advance.
wigan13
I think the only way to do it is in the cloud!! There isn't enough hard drive on the stick, I'm unsure how its done you will have to Google!!

The new xciptv player has record function but should imagine it applies same for apps as it does boxes you need multiroom to record and enough storage space

Yes there is a way there are a couple of videos on YouTube I think basically you use an adapter as if you were connecting Lan instead of wifi and replace the lan with usb stick. Not tried it seems a bit too much hasel for me.

okay looked at the video I was thinking about it shows you how to expand the memory on your stick so I presume if you ran your iptv app from the stick you will be able to record straight to the stick. Hopefully!

Curious, did you get this to work? I've tried every imaginable way. I'd you put the app on the firestick or USB...it didn't matter...I can only change the recording location of xciptv if I partion the USB drive in two. Xciptv will not see the USB as a recording location option otherwise. With that said, if I record the the USB, Xciptv shows the recording there but it isn't. I verified by searching through file explorer apps and computer. If you click on the recording that's on the USB location within xciptv, it's just a black screen. Nothing plays. Anyone have a fix? TIA

No mate I never tried it, I don't need it I have a sub on an e2 box for that.
Have 2 subs on a firestick one with more programs that you can shake a stick at no matter how bored I get I will never make a dent in the contents

Curious, did you get this to work? I've tried every imaginable way. I'd you put the app on the firestick or USB...it didn't matter...I can only change the recording location of xciptv if I partion the USB drive in two. Xciptv will not see the USB as a recording location option otherwise. With that said, if I record the the USB, Xciptv shows the recording there but it isn't. I verified by searching through file explorer apps and computer. If you click on the recording that's on the USB location within xciptv, it's just a black screen. Nothing plays. Anyone have a fix? TIA
I havn't extended my firestick storage yet, I have the equipment and instructions but was holding back as I didn't want to compromise my dodgy Netflix, but reading the post, could you try another app xciptv is a good app but I find has its shortfalls like search facilities for VOD mine says sometimes nothing there when it is.
Why not put your iptv on several apps on the stick as you can only watch one app at a time! Try smarters/ GSE or any that would accept your username and password! Then try record, make sure that your supplier allows record before you start.
I do not use record because like others use the catch facility. But have my iptv on several apps

After much research, I've found out From a few Websites that it has something to do with the firestick Programming itself. The older fire tv devices would allow recording to a USB drive. The firesticks don't.

After much research, I've found out From a few Websites that it has something to do with the firestick Programming itself. The older fire tv devices would allow recording to a USB drive. The firesticks don't.
Have you tried downloading anything to the USB? Iptv would be difficult but some of the other apps you can load have the facility!

I stand corrected. I was finally able to record iptv onto a USB drive on the firestick 4k! After monkeying around for countless hours, everyone saying online it is impossible, using different usb drives, multiple iptv apps, adb shell commands, reformating drives, trying different recording folders on the drive, installIng iptv apps on the firestick then also trying them installed on the USB drive, and splitting a driver into two partitions...whew... it finally worked.

This is how I accomplished it...To record iptv onto a USB drive from a firestick, you must use adb shell app to partition the USB drive into two partitions. Partition 1 is used by the firestick for installing/running third party apps onto which allows you to install MANY more apps since it expands the firestick memory /storage. Partition 2 is used as a regular USB storage device. You can load movies /files/music/apks/etc into partition 2 from a PC and access them once the USB is plugged back into with the firestick. Partition 2 is also the partition that Smarters IPTV Pro WILL Effortlessly record live IPTV, but only after you change to the USB storage as the recording location in the Smarters app.

Directions to partition the USB drive into 2 Partitions is below. Follow directions for option 1! If you choose option 2 and passion the USB drive without separating into 2 Partitions, the firestick and iptv apps will not recognize it as a storage location. Once you do that install the Smarters IPTV. It's the only app(I tried at least 20 of them) that will allow you to record onto a USB drive with a Firestick and playback effortlessly.
Expand Fire TV Stick 4K Internal Storage With USB Flash Drive

I stand corrected. I was finally able to record iptv onto a USB drive on the firestick 4k! After monkeying around for countless hours, everyone saying online it is impossible, using different usb drives, multiple iptv apps, adb shell commands, reformating drives, trying different recording folders on the drive, installIng iptv apps on the firestick then also trying them installed on the USB drive, and splitting a driver into two partitions...whew... it finally worked.

This is how I accomplished it...To record iptv onto a USB drive from a firestick, you must use adb shell app to partition the USB drive into two partitions. Partition 1 is used by the firestick for installing/running third party apps onto which allows you to install MANY more apps since it expands the firestick memory /storage. Partition 2 is used as a regular USB storage device. You can load movies /files/music/apks/etc into partition 2 from a PC and access them once the USB is plugged back into with the firestick. Partition 2 is also the partition that Smarters IPTV Pro WILL Effortlessly record live IPTV, but only after you change to the USB storage as the recording location in the Smarters app.

Directions to partition the USB drive into 2 Partitions is below. Follow directions for option 1! If you choose option 2 and passion the USB drive without separating into 2 Partitions, the firestick and iptv apps will not recognize it as a storage location. Once you do that install the Smarters IPTV. It's the only app(I tried at least 20 of them) that will allow you to record onto a USB drive with a Firestick and playback effortlessly.
Latest xciptv player has record function ltq allows to record aswell

Latest xciptv player has record function ltq allows to record aswell

Yup. But not with firestick onto a USB. That was the original issue. They all work fine if you want to record directly onto the firestick but storage is limited, hence the reason to record to the USB.

I thought you were trying to do it with that link! In the first instance? But it wouldn't work for you! That link has been posted on site for some time, as I copied it to pc for when I would try!

I thought you were trying to do it with that link! In the first instance? But it wouldn't work for you! That link has been posted on site for some time, as I copied it to pc for when I would try!

Thanks for your input and trying to help. I'm glad I had stumbled upon this forum recently.

Back