Recording to usb external drive and mount questions

Hi friends.

Trying to setup recording path to usb external hard drive (2tb) on my GB UE 4k box but struggling to see how. I have Internal hard disk installed as well and by default recording path is setup as media/hdd/movie
I have tried openvix, open pli and openatv but none of them giving me option to change the location by going left or right. Not sure I am doing something wrong or that is not an option with internal hard disk installed .

See the pictures. Media/usb is mounted on mount manager but does not show up as option when choosing recording path.

Also I want to see if it is possible to setup live recording rewind option . Not sure what that option called but like to mirror sky plus functionality so I can rewind any live program?

Basically, I am trying to utilise my 2tb hard disk for storing media files and recording etc. If I setup that as network drive on my Linux system, can I record on the network location ?

Cheers

Attachments

• 20220504_002026.jpg
    20220504_002026.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 20220504_002130.jpg
    20220504_002130.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Hi friends.

Trying to setup recording path to usb external hard drive (2tb) on my GB UE 4k box but struggling to see how. I have Internal hard disk installed as well and by default recording path is setup as media/hdd/movie
I have tried openvix, open pli and openatv but none of them giving me option to change the location by going left or right. Not sure I am doing something wrong or that is not an option with internal hard disk installed .

See the pictures. Media/usb is mounted on mount manager but does not show up as option when choosing recording path.

Also I want to see if it is possible to setup live recording rewind option . Not sure what that option called but like to mirror sky plus functionality so I can rewind any live program?

Basically, I am trying to utilise my 2tb hard disk for storing media files and recording etc. If I setup that as network drive on my Linux system, can I record on the network location ?

Cheers
In your example what options do you have under the green button ?

Internal and external drives are mounted in the way you would expect media/hdd media/usb, if you want to setup the external drive for recording try disable the internal one then setup the external one for recording. You should be able to setup media/usb/movie then. What are you using the internal drive for then ? Youll need to setup timer and instant recording option also.

Live recording is done under timeshift options /media/hdd/timeshift or /media/usb/timeshift. Depending on the image the timeshift settings is found under system.

Last edited:
In your example what options do you have under the green button ?

Internal and external drives are mounted in the way you would expect media/hdd media/usb, if you want to setup the external drive for recording try disable the internal one then setup the external one for recording. You should be able to setup media/usb/movie then. What are you using the internal drive for then ? Youll need to setup timer and instant recording option also.

Live recording is done under timeshift options /media/hdd/timeshift or /media/usb/timeshift. Depending on the image the timeshift settings is found under system.

Thanks, did not know I have to disable the internal HDD in order to record on external. I thought you can choose any location.

I was just experimenting no special need to use either. was getting worried 500GB hard disk will not last longer so as a back-up option set-up additional storage location on the box.

timeshift sorted. cheers

In the screenshot you need to highlight the recording path press ok and add a bookmark for the USB stick.

In the movie location setup there are 2 screens, 'Default Movie Location' and 'Bookmarks'.
You toggle between them using Ch+/-

1651903779504.png

I record to a NAS and just have an 8Gb USB stick for picons, epg etc.

View attachment 75903
Hi old post I am trying to setup a nas recording so thinking about what you are saying I just plug-in a use stick and set the mount point to nas. I have a root share called media and a sub called recordings so is the format folder name media share recordingsis it possible to show a screenshot of the mount point info

This is what I have but when I go to change the recordings path I only get options for /media/hd or /media/hdd/movie thanks for showing your settings I am using a Zgemma H9.2s with 16 gig usb for picons but the box wants to use that to store my recordings.

Attachments

• DD31217C-70BA-47C8-B1FB-064A1C0A8A2D.jpeg
    DD31217C-70BA-47C8-B1FB-064A1C0A8A2D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 8CCBA502-A853-4718-975E-83B1AB18989E.jpeg
    8CCBA502-A853-4718-975E-83B1AB18989E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 3
  • B3B48087-4762-471A-987D-9FDD1B8B2A3D.jpeg
    B3B48087-4762-471A-987D-9FDD1B8B2A3D.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 60C2728B-C31F-485C-AB63-51F2834A0CE3.jpeg
    60C2728B-C31F-485C-AB63-51F2834A0CE3.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
Do you not have to network scan to see your NAS first and name it like cloud box and then mount it.
Then you should have a path to change recordings to.
I always record on box and when full move them if needed.

Do you not have to network scan to see your NAS first and name it like cloud box and then mount it.
Then you should have a path to change recordings to.
I always record on box and when full move them if needed.
Hi Cactikid i can scan the nas but refuses to show in recordings i must be doing something wrong or my Zgemma is not able to do this I am sure i have got it working with another box. Which I no longer have I am going to use an external drive for now and revisit later

Go into recordings / playback settings and see if you can add a bookmark for your recording folder and then try it again.

1663873064291.png

So the NAS is seen but have you got it mounted in your mounts list and ip has not changed DOUBLE checkOpera Snapshot_2022-09-22_195143_192.168.0.213.pngmount nas.png

The second photo shows my active NAS mounted

In addition to above I have found that rebooting the box can drop the mount, so the nas drive location shows up but is no longer active. Fix is to just select the target and ok the settings to reactivate

I've never used the network browser. I just edit the automounts.xml manually and then reboot and then mount with Mount Manager.

Back