recording

geoffsnook

Hi got a venton box with vixe2 on it having problems with recording its a twin tuner with one cable and one sat tuner the sat tuner is disabled and the cable works with my virgin feed if i leave it on the channel on that i want to record it does it fine but if i switch it off then i get the recording sign and a black screen it all comes up as being recorded but the time it has recorded is o even though i cant turn the box over as it says no free tuner recording in progress could anyone let me know how they have there recording settings mine are tuner a preference for recording and tuner b disabled
Thanks

cant record like that.

if you want to record on a cable box, you need one with a twin cable tuner, zgemma h5 2tc comes to mind

Hi it does record the channel i want but only if the box is left on that channel if i turn the box to standby it seems to just go blank and not record

recordings on a single tuner box as you have only 1 cable takes priority over viewing,if you have sat connect back up and use freesat then one can record cable then view sat.

So cactikid should it not record the program if the box is actually in stand by mode and not just say it's been recorded but just have a black screen and have 0 minuets on the timer thanks for the input

Thanks for that will maybe go back to him I have seen a box on eBay a Crenshaw 1000 which is less than that box admititly it's second hand but has 2 cable timers and 2 sat timers and have been told they are good boxes

cant comment on Crenshaw 1000, if you really need Sat side of things might be ok, but if you just want 2 cable tuners the hd51 is a very fast box and a steal at that price. and you can use the vix4e2 image so its near plug and play

Back