Recordings suddenly stopped working? Venton, Openvix

Richard0105

Hi all, I'm running a Venton Unibox, twin cable tuners, OpenVix 3.2.037, Slyk 1 HD v4.009 skin, & 1Tb WD internal hard drive.

The problem I've got is that suddenly anything that I record won't play. The recorded file shows up & looks fine/normal (on the planner screen) but when I try to play it, it's as if it's recorded a black screen. 50% of the time it also causes my box to reboot.

This happens on all recordings, timeshift, timer, autotimers etc.

It's not a hard drive problem as I've got previous recordings on there that play as normal.

I hadn't been playing around with any setting changes that I could blame this problem on so I'm a bit stumped. I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this problem before I go down the route of reflashing the box & starting again.

Cheers

I'm using MGcamd 1.38.

It's been fine for the last few months then suddenly this happens.

One other variable that I can think of is that when I bought the box I also bought the internal hard drive seperately & installed it myself. It is supposed to be secured into the metal hard drive frame by 2 tiny screws on either side before being slid into to slot. But I found that with the screws in place, the heads slick out a fraction too much on each side preventing the frame from sliding into the slot, so I thought as the box never moves I'll laugh off the screws & just install the hard drive without them.

Everything has been fine since, until now. But if the hard drive has become loose then surely the box wouldn't recognise it at all, previous recordings wouldn't play & I'd be getting error messages every time I wanted to do anything.

It's probably unrelated but I thought I'd mention it.

Hdd is non-powered.

In 'Mount Manager' it's telling me 'Type: ext4 R/W'.

I can't seem to find the 'Sat Finder' option but in 'Tuner Configuration' both tuners are labelled as 'Enabled'

Yes, my tuners seem fully working, both SNR & AGC are 99% for both Tuner A & B.

I did a test recording this morning of Paw Patrol, I set up timer from the guide & that's worked correctly & plays fine!

So it seems like this is an intermittent problem - which are the most frustrating types to solve!

Maybe. Timeshift seems to be working fine aswell now. If it happens again then I'll go for a reflash.

Just out of interest, is there anyone out there that did the same as me & purchase their own 2.5'' internal hdd for the Venton Unibox HD & found the securing screw heads stick out too far, preventing it from sliding into the slot?

Just wondering if it's the size of my WD 1 TB 2.5-inch SATA Internal Hard Drive - Blue that is fractionally too wide or if it's a problem with other hdd's in the Venton?

Back