Recordings

demuss

I have a 16g usb in my zgemma to record programs so when I go to watch them back I press play and it will play then keep freezing like every 2 mins I'm wondering is it like that on all boxes or do I need a bigger hard drive to play the recordings without freezing so regular

I've got 128gb, and I get the same problem sometimes. I've never been able to find out what causes it, there doesn't seem to be any pattern.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have a 16g usb in my zgemma to record programs so when I go to watch them back I press play and it will play then keep freezing like every 2 mins I'm wondering is it like that on all boxes or do I need a bigger hard drive to play the recordings without freezing so regular

Did anyone get back to you about this? I've still got the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what cams are you using as is it a good usb in use?2 cables plugged into box for sat or is box a combo?

I use a 2gig mais powered HDD drive in the USB, works fine. The important things are that you (1) point it to where, and (2) don't use the on board formatter, go here for the 'how-to'.

what cams are you using as is it a good usb in use?2 cables plugged into box for sat or is box a combo?
I'll double check when i get home but Mgcam, verbatim 128gb stick plugged into h2h box (cable and sat)

as box is combo cable and sat you need 2 lines so you can record on sat and view cable or vice-versa.

so are you recording on cable and viewing on sat?
That's not the issue. Recorded through the night last night so not viewing at the same time. Watched it today and it was freezing for about the first 15 minutes, then ok in the middle and unwatchable for the last 5/10 minutes.

ok box should record ok to usb in standby mode as one tuner is needed,no abm or epg updates clashing? usb setup and mounted correctly ext3-4?

ok box should record ok to usb in standby mode as one tuner is needed,no abm or epg updates clashing? usb setup and mounted correctly ext3-4?
Setup correctly, if I understand the first question (I'm a novice with this!) the epg refresh is set for 5:30 which didn't clash with the recording. Should add it's not every recording that acts like this, just now and again.

Do you get it while normal viewing it could be line related or splitter and cable setup
Been getting quite a lot of freezing lately, in "discussions" with the line provider about that at the moment. The timings don't seem to correlate, if that makes a difference. As in watching live can be fine and the recording is poor. Splitter I'm using is the original supplied by vm. Something to mention, I recorded 2 programmes back to back the other night, so there was some crossover between the 2 (I add 3 minutes to the start and 5 at the end) and that's when it was at its worst.

If you're suffering issues with live tv unscrambling live and recording will be worse

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

If you're suffering issues with live tv unscrambling live and recording will be worse

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Provider says it's not the line, I'm doing my best with my limited knowledge to prove him wrong. Had a couple of offers for test lines but I'm trying to give the guy a chance to put things right first. If I try other lines and they make a difference I'll comment here.

Make sure you've got the "Default recoding type" set to "normal".

1_0_19_961_18_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 02:07 PM ----------

Is it a genuine USB stick? There are many fakes out there that claim huge capacities but only actually have a couple of gig NAND flash inside them...

Make sure you've got the "Default recoding type" set to "normal".

View attachment 20914
a85d9e9c515a464993a50c2ccd9b64e9.jpg

Use this little utility to see if your USB stick is genuinely 128GB and if it has any bad blocks...
H2testw Download

(You will probably have to format it to FAT32 so Windoze can read it, the test will destroy all the data on it anyway...)

Back