Rec's for 'easy to use' twin tuner box please

xyster

Hi all, I already have a Vu+ Solo2 set up but Mrs doesn't like it for ease of use for recordings and folders etc. I have the Sky skin on it and thats fine but it is the remote control and recording set up she doesnt like. Am finally getting totally rid of Sky so the two Sky boxes now need replacing with boxes that have a more familiar interface for her and daughters ease of use. Can anyone rec a decent box?

That's just enigma2 really. You've a good box there as it is I'm afraid.

My wife is the same. She still uses the sky plus box lol. Only for FTA though and not recording.

It's really a case of like it or lump it.

Last edited:
You already have as good as your gonna get, the basic functionality of enigma 2 boxes is fairly similar just comes down to speed of operation/reliability part of what your paying for with sky is the interface Im afraid they'll just have to get used to life without it. All the skin does is make it look similar to sky, personally I prefer the vix confluence skin but its personal choice.

Cheers guys. So, all the boxes have similar recording and file set ups for recorded programs like my Vu box then, and the remotes are all similar?

To be honest, I won't be buying 2 more of my Vu boxes cos it was £300 with the HD etc. Just want something a little cheaper but reliable. Upto maybe 150 each with twin tuners and internal HD option?

Last edited:
Yeah mate. You Vix? If so then that's the easiest fw to manoeuvre around. They're open source so can do so much with them compared to locked down sky boxes. It will take a while to get used to but worth plodding on

Yeah, Openvix pre loaded from ***

---------- Post Merged at 07:40 PM ----------

I find the series link function a bit annoying with the set up and it seems to miss recordings sometimes, especially when they start straight after one another. Have tried messing with the timers etc etc but still does it. I have actually been watching 95% of tv with my android box the last few months but cannot do that with multiple android boxes cos of internet speed.

You probably need to play about with some parameters. I agree not as easy as series record but it does a lot.

In recording settings take your before and after buffer to 0 and should help overlap issue.

I think I tried that but will check as it was a while ago. Thanks for the advice though. It is just which box to go for then now.

It has taken me months to get the wife on total switch but I'm there now. Kept both running for a little while then slowly showed her over and over and over and over and....... then finally she was ready. The swap is complete. She now shows me the odd little trick

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That's just enigma2 really. You've a good box there as it is I'm afraid.

My wife is the same. She still uses the sky plus box lol. Only for FTA though and not recording.

It's really a case of like it or lump it.
Have a word with my mrs will ya, still paying for basic package to sly cos she refuses to learn to work another remote[emoji35] [emoji35]

Sent from my HUAWEI Y625-U21 using Tapatalk

just finished setting up Technomate Nano has Dual sky but running mine on VM - cheapest box with dual virgin tuner and built in hard drive.

After giving up on Xtrend very happy does what it suppose to would recommend.

in my household my mrs is exactly the same, doesn't want to learn to use anything that involves a bit more work or effort, in the end I just pulled all the old stuff out and even removed the freeview cables out of the tv to enforce some tough love on the family, forced them to learn to use the new boxes in the house lol, everyone using the openbox and amiko a3 in the house like a pro now :grin:

As said above it is enigma2 that's all they can do with it

if you know a show is on the same time everyday or every week I just use the standard record
as when you are setting it up, you can set it to repeat

the auto timer I don't like it at all. To many setting but if a show is at different times its grand or you want to set it to record 6 or what ever it's good, but then you could get anything really

Back