Red light on Zgemma H2S

ccfox

Good afternoon all

Last night my Zgemma H2S box was stuck on boot and when I tried to switch it back on all that is showing is the red light. After searching online (including this forum) I have tried to reflash the box but it still stuck on the red light. Doesn't even say boot or FLSH on the display. I must admit it had been playing up for a while.

I have decided to buy another box and I was looking at the H9.2S as it seems like a logical upgrade. I have seen them on Amazon for around £70 which is around the same price I paid for the H2S. I have also looked at the H2.9H as well as it has a DVB-T2 tuner in it as well and that might be handy to receive Channel 4 HD which I must admit I do miss since I migrated to Freesat.

I do have a question regarding the H9.2H. Does the EPG mix together to Freesat and Freeview guide listings together or are they separated into two? I have looked on Youtube to get an idea and the only video I could find had multiple region listing for BBC ITV etc. No good and very confusing.

I am not interested in CAMS etc as I subscribe to NOW TV, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Are there any other boxes that I should consider? It must have a twin tuner. I have around £90-£100 to spend.

Kind Regards

CCFox

If you can stretch another fiver:
OCTAGON SF8008 S2X TWIN 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream Twin Satellite DVB-S2X Tuners

If you can manage another tenner:
Zgemma H7S 4K UHD H.265 HEVC Triple Tuner Combo 2x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream Digital Receiver

Terrestrial and freesat bouquets will be in separate bouquets so say freesat bouquets first then terrestrial bouquets. You can also mix channels using CustomMix.

If it's just for channel 4 hd why not use sky uk FTA only rather than freesat this should give you channel 4 HD

Thank you all for your responses.

I think I will go down the H9.2S route. I don't really want to go down the sky FTA route as you can't log into the box and copy recordings over to my PC over network; something i do a lot for documentaries and TV series for my plex setup.

I looked into the Octagon box and after reading reviews (not favourable) and whilst it has a DVB-T2 tuner it has only 1 DVB-S2 tuner. Also I didn't realise that the H9.2H only had one of each. Also having 2 EPG listings would be a little confusing.

I also looked at the H7S and that is pushing £130 on Amazon. A little out of my price range. Plus everywhere else that I could find were out of stock.

I might still go for a H9.2H though...So unsure.

Again thank you all.

Kind Regards

CCFox

Hello All Again

Just a quick update. I went out and bought the H9.2S. It came preloaded with Open ATV so I've installed Wooshbuild Infinity on it. Seems OK with a couple of caveats:

When installing it would blue screen on me when trying to initialise the hard drive. So I unplugged it and it was fine after that. I then installed it after the install was complete. Seems to work.

The picons don't work. Not really a problem. When it was trying to install them it got about half way through and then it was coming up with unable to extract.

I am using the SkyQ skin which is very nice however on the epg the selected channel on the grid is the same colour as the rest so there is no way to see which channel you are about to select. Is this default on the wooshbuild? On my previous box i was using grogbuild with a SkyQ skin and the selected channel was a darker shade of blue.

Also for some reason I am getting Channel 4 HD?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

KR

CCFox

Update

After setting up the bouquests I am no longer receiving Channel 4 HD.

Also there is no series record on the EPG. Again is this default in whooshbuild?

KR

CCFox

You can install picons using remote
Press green
Press green again
Click picons and install whichever set you like.
You need to store them on hdd/usb

Try changing skins to solve the epg problem

EDIT
if there's no RECORD option there's a possibility that the hdd/usb isn't installed

Thank you pabloescaban for your reply.

I tried to install the picons but couldn't find the sky q ones....no matter.

I decided to change the skin to the classic sky HD skin and it works fine. Also series record is there. You have to press down on the remote to a third option. It only shows 2 by default. I am currently using a 32gb USB stick as the hard drive i was using was making a horrid noise. I will upgrade this.

All in all I feel I made the right purchase. It is a lot quicker than my H2S. Also it will be a backup if my ROKU dies for my Plex server. 80% of my media is HEVC.

It is now recording Pointless Celebrities....YAY!!

Again thanks and kind regards.

CCFox

Your red light on the H2S could be down to a faulty power supply unit,my mates was like that last week and I gave him mine to test and it booted straight away.Buy a replacement psu and you have a usable back up box for maybe another room.

Thank you for your reply bigwig21

I have thought about that to be honest. Like I said in my opening post the display just showed boot and then after that the red light problem. I had read on another forum that a new power supply might solve the problem. I needed an upgrade anyway as the box was playing up a little. Freezing requiring a hard reboot.

As I don't have a spare satellite output (i have access to a communal dish with 2 outputs so maybe I could swap one of the DVB-S2 ports for a DVB-T2 and then put it in the bedroom. I think one of the tuners is swappable. My TV in there is only Freeview SD.

Is that possible?

Kind Regards

CCFox

Thank you for your reply bigwig21

I have thought about that to be honest. Like I said in my opening post the display just showed boot and then after that the red light problem. I had read on another forum that a new power supply might solve the problem. I needed an upgrade anyway as the box was playing up a little. Freezing requiring a hard reboot.

As I don't have a spare satellite output (i have access to a communal dish with 2 outputs so maybe I could swap one of the DVB-S2 ports for a DVB-T2 and then put it in the bedroom. I think one of the tuners is swappable. My TV in there is only Freeview SD.

Is that possible?

Kind Regards

CCFox
You can stream from your new box to the H2s without using any tuners on the H2s box.
@Willo3092 and @grog68 are more knowledgeable on this subject do I've tagged them in this post

bigwig21

Tried the power supply that came with my new box....Old box works....

That's for the info.

Rgds

CCF

You can stream from your new box to the H2s without using any tuners on the H2s box.
@Willo3092 and @grog68 are more knowledgeable on this subject do I've tagged them in this post

On ATV based boxes you can install the channelsimporter plugin on the slave box, it can then be use to connect to the master box and downloads epg from it and use the tuner of the master box.

Vix has something different.

Back