Remote issues , can I do this as a fix ...

I have a Zgemma H2S and a short while after buying it I started having problems with the remote not talking to the box.

Sometimes it works ok for a short time and other times I get the odd response but generally have to fallback to using the telemote app on my phone.
I have tested the remote by looking at it with my phone camera to see if the IR lamp is lighting and it is. Have also looked around on here and a a few other places which suggested bad solder joints on the IR receiver on the box , so stripped it down and re-soldered the joints.
Oh and have also used a multi one for all remote with the same result.

Still no luck , so besides wondering if there is some underlying issue with the box and warming up my right foot to drop kick it can I do the following ...

I have an old Star 2s which besides being as slow as a snail to work has never given me a days problem .. Can I take the IR receiver off that box and use it to replace the seemingly faulty IR receiver on the H2S ? or are they incompatible ?

Or as a long shot , has anyone else had issues with their box and remote not working as they should be and found a solution to the problem ?
Many thanks for any help that might come my way :)

I use an iphone and the app I use to control the box is called telle'mote . I dont use it all the time , but is a great fallback when the physical remote quits responding.

As for the difficulty of my suggestion , the soldering side of things is pretty easy. As I said above I have removed and re-soldered the original IR receiver in case there was a dry joint , bad connection. So swapping the IR receivers from the 2s to the H2s would not be too much harder , just don't want to perform the task if its going to be pointless due to the sensors being incompatible. Figured someone with more brains than me would know here :)

same problem here box receiver does not respond to remote but the remote seems to be ok did anyone work out a fix for this ???

Back