remote not working on firestick. cant install apps.

sut

hi guys

i am settintg up my frestick and installing apps,
i have just downloaded aptoide tv so that i can install duplex or similar apps.

problem i have is when i select the app the remote is stuck on the bottom navigation buttons. i,e, home, editorial, seach, stores, apps,

i am totally unable to move the remote highlighted button up to the install tab i have tried for about 10 minutes,

can anyone tell me what im doing wrong or if there is a trick or hint to this please.

thanks
sut

If you have an android phone try this...https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.storm.lightning.client.aosp&hl=en_GB&gl=US

Reactions: sut
ok im having a nightmare.

repaired remote, no change
downloaded amazon fire tv on my phone no change
installed mouse function so i can use my remote like a mouse and wont work just constantly saying starting.

am now also getting a message that keeps coming on screen saying " allow usb debugging ? the computer's rsa key key fingerprint is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i have tried a factory reset. i have taken the firestick and used it on a different tv
i have done everything i can think of.

i really need some help the remote works perfect on everything untill i get to aptoide tv then it wont work as it should.

This might sound stupid, but I had a problem with my firetick remote as well. I got so frustrated, I threw the thing against a wall. Stupid, I know - but in doing so, I lost the batteries, just couldnt find them as they had fallen out. I replaced the batteries and hey presto, all was working again. Dont recommend throwing the remote against a wall but replace the batteries and try again.

tried removing batteries no good,
as i say the remote works fine until i get to aptodie tv its driving me wild.

go bin the crap friestick soon

Try reinstalling

How to Install Aptoide TV APK on Firestick/Fire TV and Android Devices

One of the problems with installing android applications onto the Fire TV or Firestick is that they don’t work very well with the remote.

That isn’t the case with this optimized version of Aptoide TV since it has been specifically created for our streaming devices such as the Amazon Fire TV or FireStick.

hi guys

i am settintg up my frestick and installing apps,
i have just downloaded aptoide tv so that i can install duplex or similar apps.

problem i have is when i select the app the remote is stuck on the bottom navigation buttons. i,e, home, editorial, seach, stores, apps,

i am totally unable to move the remote highlighted button up to the install tab i have tried for about 10 minutes,

can anyone tell me what im doing wrong or if there is a trick or hint to this please.

thanks
sut
I have just installed aptoide tv apk on to my firestick to see what problem it is your having problems with, and the first that struck me was you need to install the mouse toggle app to circumvent the app itself pdw gave you ideal links to watch and get acquainted with what your problem is, I noticed that the firestick remote can give some functions but that was page up and down and side to side but the mouse toggle was needed for other stuff but it is truly very basic and I would use a compatible air mouse hand set, if after all that you still wish to bin it I will PM you my address and I will take it off your hands for free.:ROFLMAO:

Back