removing plugins installed through putty

rapture_ni

Ok i installed XtreamTV mips32el using an ipk file and putty and the channels were like freezing a little before playing, so i thought this was a plugin version issue and i downloaded the one from the plugin section on woosh and installed, its clear now that didn't work as you need to use the plugin supplied by the provider. so i went to remove plugins on the box and removed xtreamtv.

now i have the mipsel ipk file and was trying to install it, ftp it to tmp, open putty change directory to tmp and type in opkg install XtreamTvMipsel.ipk... its saying it wont install because theres a version of it already on the box..but i removed the plugins..is there anything i can try before i go full reflash?

im not 100% on that, i have rebooted since and it still wont go on. the new ipk is fine as ive put it on other boxes just wont go onto this one

Download tspanel it has an uninstaller in the tools section that will remove the folder , or try ftp to usr/lib/enigma2/phyton/plugins/extensions. See if the folder is there and delete and reboot

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

I had to remove the wrong version of xtream tv via the terminal option on webif,
Typed a command to remove them rebooted, I'll see if I can find command I used.

See if this works
opkg remove XtreamTV

Last edited:
Not sure what worked there exactly as I tried everything..may have been the fact I was only restarting the gui rather than the box but I had the box on deep standby previous...weird...anyway it's on now...thanks for the help

Back