Replacement Dish.

afterburn

I am thinking of getting a larger dish as the miraclebox i bought freezes quite a bit even on the free channells.(I have a decent line which performs perfectly well on the f5s) Signal is around 75% . Would a 1m dish improve this by much. Also will the existing lnb swap over to the new dish? Would it fit onto the existing bracket?​

This could be causes by many reasons.

1. dish may need allignment
2. may need to retune on miraclebox
3. might be worth checking image on the box

what does it show signal as on the miraclebox compared to f5s using same channel?

Some details about your current dish?

This could be causes by many reasons.

1. dish may need allignment
2. may need to retune on miraclebox
3. might be worth checking image on the box

what does it show signal as on the miraclebox compared to f5s using same channel?

Some details about your current dish?

Hi. My dish is a standard 60cm sky dish. I only have the box a week, when i was doing first time install I missed something and had to set the tuner up manually through the advanced tab (Any idea how to get back to first time installation) its running apollo .024. Signal strenght is more or less the same on both boxes may vary 1% here and there.

Try reflashing image. I doubt that your dish needs replaced, more likely just something not set up correctly. A reflash will get you back to the first time setup (but don't try this too often as the eproms can burn out).

Try reflashing image. I doubt that your dish needs replaced, more likely just something not set up correctly. A reflash will get you back to the first time setup (but don't try this too often as the eproms can burn out).

I'm not quite sure how to do this if i'm honest. If i download the latest image for this box which is Apollo.26. I unzip it (do I need to unzip it) and put it on an usb (fat32) will the box do the rest for me or do i need to save anything before i do this? or In image manager I have an option of restoring"mbmini-apollo.024-20140823_110052.zip" by pressing the blue button.

Which image you flash is up to you, but the procedure for flashing is to switch off box, put a usb stick (Fat32) with image file into the box, switch on and wait!!! Box may or may not say done when ready, so if it doesn't say anything leave for at least 10 minutes to be safe. Then remove usb stick and reboot.

Do I need to unzip the image file before i put it on the usb? .Would you recommend I put the most recent image on it ? Do I lose my lines, boquets,plugins etc? I'll leave it until tonight anyway when i finish work. Thanks for the advice.

Do I need to unzip the image file before i put it on the usb? .Would you recommend I put the most recent image on it ? Do I lose my lines, boquets,plugins etc? I'll leave it until tonight anyway when i finish work. Thanks for the advice.

Yes you need to unzip it

Image is up to you but latest one is worth a try

It will erase everything so you will lose everything on the box (backup your bits if you dont already have them saved)

Yes you have to unzip the image. Also prepare the usb stick by downloading the low level format tool, and then do a full format from windows. I am not in favour of constantly updating images unless there is a good reason to do so. Most updates have no noticeable effect as far as the user is concerned and every time you run an update you run the risk of bricking the box. Find an image that works the way you like and leave it alone until it no longer works (you can't fix something that isn't broken). As to the image to flash, I would read what other people have to say about an image before considering it. I would also recommend that you leave yourself plenty of time to set up the box. Rushing it will only result in making (maybe expensive) mistakes. Hope this helps.

well i have tried to flash the box but nothing at all happens. I have the image on a stick. power the receiver down, put in the stick. turn on and it just boots same as before. even bought a new usb stick but no joy. What am i doing wrong?

Did you use the low level format tool and then do a full (not quick) format. If you don't do this then the box usually won't recognise the stick.

Did you use the low level format tool and then do a full (not quick) format. If you don't do this then the box usually won't recognise the stick.

I used the low level format tool. think i did a quick format though! I'll try that so! The led is flashing on the stick though.

---------- Post Merged at 10:54 PM ----------

Have just tried this and still no joy. really getting on my nerves now.

Maybe need a better usb stick, Maxell or Kingston generally seem to be best. Chinese ones just won't work.

---------- Post Merged at 11:33 PM ----------

Also make sure that the image is directly inside the folder and not inside a second folder.

Maybe need a better usb stick, Maxell or Kingston generally seem to be best. Chinese ones just won't work.

---------- Post Merged at 11:33 PM ----------

Also make sure that the image is directly inside the folder and not inside a second folder.

I have her flashing now . Needed to flash the bootloader first. 3 hrs of frustration over. Thanks. Hope it solves my problem. probably not.

there are tuts in downloads which you did not look in??=pheonix vix.
one thing i dont do is use backups as i like a whole fresh install so no bugs are getting put back on and with new images now are told dont use backup settings .before updating to any vix image you will need to check if wos have a new bootloader for your box since the last time it was flashed on older images.
enigma boxes are fussy with usb as i use a kingston which has a flashing body to show its doing something.

Back