Replicating EPG reference for IPTV channels for another box / m3u stream

Hi,

I have 3 Vu+ Solo2 boxes I maintain. 2 of my own (with multiroom IPTV) and 1 for a friend (single sub).

I'm not sure if suls e2m3ubouquets.py script works fully because it's never imported any EPG into the IPTV channels, or the channels are missing more details for the EPG to be attached to them. I've tried all Rytec sources on it too, still nothing.

I've even tried the ./e2m3ubouquets.py

Why would this be? Had to do the following manually today...

I switched my boxes over to the IPAB TV image and have got them set up great, gone through each IPTV channel in E-Channelizer and pasted in the EPG reference from the Satellites list, so now I'm able to get EPG data on these.

Just missing some channels that are on other satellites and transponders but I'll get around to those.

I have to now run through this process for my friend's box as well tomorrow and it was a pain in the backside doing it on mine. Don't want to run through another couple of hours adding EPG data to the channels for his box.

Any ideas of a quick workflow to replicate this setup onto his box? He is with the same sub, just a different username and password in URL.

I know I can't just drag/drop my IPTV channels onto his box via E-Channelizer because then he will be using my m3u stream for the channels.

However, both the links start using the following format:

http://[iptv-subs-domain]/live/[username]/[password]/[channel-number].ts

Just theoretically speaking, I should be able to copy my channels onto his box using E-Channelizer, bulk find/replace everything before [channel-number].ts via Telnet / PuTTY for his box, right?

That way the EPG is still referenced and it's his m3u link for the streams. Would this work or will I need to do more than that?

Also, can you let me know if there is going to be a problem with the IPTV channels I've updated manually with referenced EPG data:

1) Will EPG Importer run and update my IPTV channels with new data automatically since EPG is now referenced?

2) If an update happens via ABM or Sly Bouquet Maker, will this delete my IPTV bouquets?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Just been nosing around the m3u file of my IPTV stream link.

Would tvg-ID, notice the uppercase ID in tvg-ID, be causing problems for the EPG to not be attached properly?

Seen it as tvg-id in many places... Here's a line from the m3u file.

Code:
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-ID="BBCOneHD.uk" tvg-name="UK: BBC 1" tvg-logo="http://www.tv-logo.com/pt-data/uploads/images/logo/bbc_one.jpg" group-title="UK General",UK: BBC 1

With suls script there should be a e2m3u2bouquet-sort-current.xm file in ext/enigma2/e2m3ubouquets
What u need to do it ftp this file to your computer/laptop and then open with notepad++ and then you can use e-channelier to get the service id for each uk channel then save it as e2m3u2bouquet-sort-override.xml’
And then ftp it back to same place and rerun the script.
Use can then use the e2m3u2bouquet-sort-override.xml’ on your mates box.
https://www.suls.co.uk/e2m3u2bouquet-0-5/

Thanks for this info. Glad to have just discovered this!

I've pulled down the e2m3u2bouquet-sort-current.xml file and renamed it to e2m3u2bouquet-sort-override.xml on my local machine.

Just struggling to understand the bit where you mention getting the service id for each channel. Do I need to do this for each channel in the e2m3u2bouquet-sort-override.xml file?

Before:
<channel name="UK HD: CHANNEL 4 HD" nameOverride="" tvg-id="Channel4.uk" enabled="true" category="UK General" serviceRef="1:0:1:8582:5d45:92ff:0:0:0:0" clearStreamUrl="false" />

After:

<channel name="UK HD: CHANNEL 4 HD" nameOverride="" tvg-id="Channel4.uk" enabled="true" category="UK General" serviceRef="1:0:19:52D0:814:2:11A0000:0:0:0" clearStreamUrl="false" />

Once done, I'm guessing I can take the following steps:

1) Flash mate's box with my completed IPAB image backup.
2) Remove all my IPTV channels from his box using E-Channelizer.
3) Upload modified e2m3u2bouquet-sort-override.xml on mate's box (e2m3u2bouquet.py already present in /home/root).
3) Telnet / PuTTY commands:
# cd /home/root/
# chmod 777 e2m3u2bouquet.py
# python e2m3u2bouquet.py -m "[Mate's m3u URL]" -e "http://www.xmltvepg.nl/rytecxmltv-UK.gz"

Would this do the trick? Just don't want to make a trip to his house and wasting time sitting around trying this out and not have it work :LOL:

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

Before:
<channel name="UK HD: CHANNEL 4 HD" nameOverride="" tvg-id="Channel4.uk" enabled="true" category="UK General" serviceRef="1:0:1:8582:5d45:92ff:0:0:0:0" clearStreamUrl="false" />

After:

<channel name="UK HD: CHANNEL 4 HD" nameOverride="" tvg-id="Channel4.uk" enabled="true" category="UK General"serviceRef="1:0:19:52D0:814:2:11A0000:0:0:0" clearStreamUrl="false" />

Yes mate for each uk channel then save it and rerun the script to get the new override file with epg
A for your mates box just make a backup image with his line on your box and send it to him
One other thing is your have to setup a cronjob for the script to update your channels everyday info is on suls page on on how to do it.
Takes time to set it all up but once it's done it's done!!

Ok, thanks buddy! That helps alot.

Guessing I can use nameOverride for the channels and bouquets and keep my custom setup and layout order?

A for your mates box just make a backup image with his line on your box and send it to him

How do I do this bit? Never worked on two boxes before like this in an IPTV setup. Usually done it via the cam method in the past with was a matter of replacing the .cfg or .list file.

One other thing is your have to setup a cronjob for the script to update your channels everyday info is on suls page on on how to do it.
Takes time to set it all up but once it's done it's done!!

Would this be it: https://www.suls.co.uk/e2m3u2bouquet-automation-via-cron-job/

Guessing this setup will recognise the sort-override file each time and not lose my bouquets, as well as add any new channels into the right bouquets if nameOverride is being used?

For backup image just setup your box with his line (iptv) and if he has a sat line too make sure you have that too.
Not sure what image iPab uses sorry
On openatv you press blue then backup manager and make a full image backup that will go on to hdd.
Then ftp to hdd and you will see the backup image send to pc then give the back image to your mate and flash his box and everything should be setup for him.
Would this be it:https://www.suls.co.uk/e2m3u2bouquet-automation-via-cron-job/

Guessing this setup will recognise the sort-override file each time and not lose my bouquets, as well as add any new channels into the right bouquets if nameOverride is being used?

Yes if your provider add channels they will go in the bouquets they add them too

Before you try to setup his one on yours backup your bouquets folders first so u still have them

For backup image just setup your box with his line (iptv) and if he has a sat line too make sure you have that too.

There's no IPTV line on my box if I remember correctly or a sat line.

That being said, I have a sat line from a previous provider which I'd like to test out if it's working on my box, how do I go about doing this together with IPTV?

Anyways, here's what I did to give you a rough guide:

On my box when setting up, I skipped the IPTV Bouquet Maker setup and ran through the default Sly Bouquet Maker in IPAB.

Then I just ran the PuTTY commands in Step 3 from my post above for the suls script to pull the IPTV bouquets down via the URL method.

If there is a physical file or place I can look at to change this 'line' please let me know mate.

Thanks.

For the iptv ones ftb to usr/enigma2 and you will see the suls iptv bouquets
What you can do is ftp these to your pc create a folder first on desktop call it suls iptv and send the suls iptv to that folder.
Now use notepad++ to open all the files in the folder and you can change the username and password for all the iptv channels in one go let me find the guide for u im sure i put one up here somewhere

What you need to do is open ALL bouquets.tv files that you created with notepad++ then when you have them open click on the search up the top of notepad then click on find then when the box opens then click on find and replace then u just replace the username for them.just make your you click on replace in all open documents and then do the same for password then click on save all
Then click on file top of notepad then click on close all

Spot on, that's the bit I was looking for! Thanks. I was going to do this earlier as I mentioned in my first post:

I know I can't just drag/drop my IPTV channels onto his box via E-Channelizer because then he will be using my m3u stream for the channels.

However, both the links start using the following format:

http://[iptv-subs-domain]/live/[username]/[password]/[channel-number].ts

Just theoretically speaking, I should be able to copy my channels onto his box using E-Channelizer, bulk find/replace everything before [channel-number].ts via Telnet / PuTTY for his box, right?

That way the EPG is still referenced and it's his m3u link for the streams. Would this work or will I need to do more than that?

I'm guessing with this last method you mentioned, I can do this first as a quick temporary fix and then spend some time later on doing the full suls script setup with automation including sort-override.

That way both of our streams are working without getting locked out or banned by the provider.

Thanks for your help dude, made my life much simpler - better to spend the time learning this stuff :)

Back