Reports: Ten shot dead at Batman premier in Denver

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
A masked gunman shot dead 10 people and wounded 30 to 40 others at a showing of new Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" at a movie theatre in the US city of Denver.

00062adb-314.jpg
Initial estimates are that 30-40 people have been injured

Local radio station KOA reported the news this morning, citing witnesses.
The radio station said a figure in a gas mask had opened fire at the showing in a mall in the suburb of Aurora and set off a smoke or tear gas bomb.

30 people are confirmed to have been taken to six local hospitals.

Dozens of police were at the scene, CNN footage showed.

KOA said authorities were evacuating the area while they checked if there was an exploding device there.

CNN quoted one witness as saying he saw a "guy slowly making his way up the stairs and firing, picking random people".

It said local hospitals were alerted to a "mass casualty incident".
Local media said moviegoers thought the gunshots were part of the movie sound effects.

Source: RTE News
-

As of now, 12 dead and 59 wounded in 6 area hospitals. Also, his apartment is booby trapped and the police are investigating that further.

What an absolute senseless tragedy. My heart goes out to all of the victims and their families in the wake of this senseless violence.

apparently he dressed as the Joker

That's not accurate. He was dressed in full riot gear, including gasmask and kevlar vest. When the police apprehended him he is quoted as saying, "I'm the joker."
However, he was NOT dressed like the joker.

This is sad beyond words, so much pain and suffering caused for no good a reason.
Why people do these things is so far beyond me.
I was on another forum and there are already people on there making jokes about this and the anti-gun and pro-gun zealots are pushing their agendas, some people seem to forget there are so many people suffering right now and for them to joke and push personal agendas is in extremely bad taste and is not the time for this kinda of thing right now.

Very sad indeed, especially for the young mother whose 6 year old daughter was killed, suffered a miscarriage, and now is paralyzed for life. And now the guy claims he doesn't remember shooting anyone!!!

Back