Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

I rang that number and get a message saying, "we tried ringing you today,you have no need to ring us we will try to contact you again later " seeing as i have been up since 05.30 i presume thats from yesterday.
Trying calling them in the afternoon.

It definitely works as I missed their calls and call that number and got through to someone.

When i said about people getting it for £29 or less she said she had never heard of anything as low as that.

They are chatting nonsense and are trying to make you believe your on the best deal. Most likely not the outbound retentions team either.

Trying calling them in the afternoon.

It definitely works as I missed their calls and call that number and got through to someone.

They are chatting nonsense and are trying to make you believe your on the best deal. Most likely not the outbound retentions team either.
I rang the 0800 number one last time and got through. Dropped it to £29 a bolt on and a tv box upgrade, so very pleased, and glad i gave that number one last ring 👍

I rang the 0800 number one last time and got through. Dropped it to £29 a bolt on and a tv box upgrade, so very pleased, and glad i gave that number one last ring 👍

Nice one mate good to hear you got good deal in the end (y)

Would save this number for the future as this is the main department you will need to speak to in the future when price rises, contract ends etc. and will give you the best deals.

My virgin payment went upto £31 and from 20/11 were going upto £44 after all my discounts had expired...rang to cancel as new BRSK was offering 6 months free so thought then can take a virgin new deal...however 1st call guy offered me 100mb for £19 so took it...not often a good offer received 1st time.

My virgin payment went upto £31 and from 20/11 were going upto £44 after all my discounts had expired...rang to cancel as new BRSK was offering 6 months free so thought then can take a virgin new deal...however 1st call guy offered me 100mb for £19 so took it...not often a good offer received 1st time.

Thats a bargain price for 100mb from the big ISP.

I believe their next major price increase is April or May next year.

Would hope to stick to 200mb myself and might even push for 350mb when the time comes.

I've noticed if you leave they will normally offer you the next package up for same price.
Yep they did that with me, i put my notice in and they called me within a day or so. I managed to get the same deal as before but went from 200mb to 350mb.

just to let people know if you are with VM and have or get an o2 sim/contract you can get double data on your VM package. It takes a while but as long as account name and address is the same it should work.

just to let people know if you are with VM and have or get an o2 sim/contract you can get double data on your VM package. It takes a while but as long as account name and address is the same it should work.
Yes great benefit of that O2 deal atm

Not just the double mobile data but free broadband increase.

mine is taking ages to show, will be a week since i ordered my sim so just on with o2 chat, dont see any reason why they wouldnt do it. Saves £4 on the current sim only bill for more data plus double BB speed hopefully from 200 to next level which is 350. Once its all sorted will try and grab some of the free wifi pods as well.

mine is taking ages to show, will be a week since i ordered my sim so just on with o2 chat, dont see any reason why they wouldnt do it. Saves £4 on the current sim only bill for more data plus double BB speed hopefully from 200 to next level which is 350. Once its all sorted will try and grab some of the free wifi pods as well.
It’s cause VM and 02 are merging as one network 👍🏻👍🏻

You mean the mesh systems?

Who actually gives the free wifi pods and how many can you get as wasn't aware of this?

It states it can take up to 14 days

FF9CC4A0-A16C-4F36-8D08-60E7FA242BED.jpeg

I got 2 x sims
And B. B up from 100 to 200 Meg.
Did see one chap talking of having 2 sims and expecting 2 x B. B increase.
But only him out of 3500 posts on hot uk
So I wouldn't expect that outcome.
Cheers.... Paul

I used 27 burner O2 sims and upgraded my broadband from 100MB to 1gigabit. Then phoned retentions said I'm not happy with the speeds and got £27 knocked of a month. So Virgin are now paying me £5 a Month for 1 Gigabit!

Wow good to know thanks for the heads up!! (y)

Back