Ring camera question

channelking

Have had duo ring cameras battery operated for many years now.

But over recent weeks there has been a handful of burglaries in my area.

Now I have noticed it doesn't show notifications straight away anymore when there is motion also shows images which it did before when a notification came up. Any ideas what's happened?

Also probably not possible but is it possible at all for the camaras to have 24/7 recording which saves in the cloud to view any time?

Just concerned with the spate of burglaries want to get the camaras working perfectly just in case.

Have a look at home assistant, that may help with 24/7 recording.

Notifications either sound like a phone issue or expired subscription.

Have a look at home assistant, that may help with 24/7 recording.

Notifications either sound like a phone issue or expired subscription.

Home assistant is that for ring for 24/7 recording?

Don't think have subscription anymore. Just has some notifications when camera picks some motion up.

Reset your motion settings mate, also check you have them on max sensitivy, also 24hr recording u can't do, I have ring and no issues with mine, if that don't work ck then reset it all and get the cameras to reconnect

Think you will find this is the downside of ring products since bought out by the big boy. There is a deliberate delay in both notification and display unless you pay subscription.

Just put a sign outside, “leave all packages outside and do not ring the bell, covid-positive household”

Reset your motion settings mate, also check you have them on max sensitivy, also 24hr recording u can't do, I have ring and no issues with mine, if that don't work ck then reset it all and get the cameras to reconnect

Might have to do that with resetting. Don't think its set to max sensitivity as used to get stupid amount of notifications when had it originally lol

Maybe it's just bad luck for me never had good luck with the camaras.

Home Assistant

There is a way to connect nest cameras, maybe ring too for 24/7. Never used it myself.

Reading about it mate doesn't seem can record 24/7.

Think you will find this is the downside of ring products since bought out by the big boy. There is a deliberate delay in both notification and display unless you pay subscription.

My notifications for years have been hit and miss. Sometimes I get notifications other times nothing.

Back