Router Login Spam

pabloescaban

VIP Member
Whats all this about then?

Half a dozen posts in past few weeks where spammer joins and posts three or four Router Login messages, usually different brands of router and then disappears.
Like almost all spammers they are in the same few secions, - introduce yourself, feedback and suggestions and general chat, spammers can't scroll down apparently.

What are they selling or scamming?

How do you report spammers I see you can tick to select for moderation is that the procedure ?

oops I just see report button :LOL:

The mods should maybe disable new registrations for a while to give themselves a break from having to delete all the spamming posts as they do seem to be popping up more frequently now.

The mods should maybe disable new registrations for a while to give themselves a break from having to delete all the spamming posts as they do seem to be popping up more frequently now.
We've been through it already with spammers. But Disable new registrations wouldn't be beneficial as there would probably be people that needs genuine advice or support regarding their issues.
Its only the odd few that do slip through lol

We've been through it already with spammers. But Disable new registrations wouldn't be beneficial as there would probably be people that needs genuine advice or support regarding their issues.
Its only the odd few that do slip through lol
Over on MDL new members are not permitted to post links untill after 20 posts and that does not mean they can just post any crap just to get post count up doing that is also classed a spam.

You'd be surprised at how many don't get past the checks we have. The majority don't. These aren't bots either, they are human spammers.

members are not permitted to post links untill after 20 posts

We already have this in place which has me thinking now why they have been able to post these links.
It should check the members post count and if they have 15 or under, place them in the Moderation queue.

I have made a few changes, lets see if we get anymore.

You'd be surprised at how many don't get past the checks we have. The majority don't. These aren't bots either, they are human spammers.

We already have this in place which has me thinking now why they have been able to post these links.
It should check the members post count and if they have 15 or under, place them in the Moderation queue.

I have made a few changes, lets see if we get anymore.
Getting a member on here with 4 thousands postings is a major fix HT :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Nice to see you about tuning up the engines

Back