Roy Keane not concerned with newspaper sack rumours

noelyf

VIP Member
roy_keane.jpg
Monday, 29 March 2010

Ipswich manager Roy Keane has dismissed newspaper speculation he is set to lose his job at Portman Road.
Town have had a disappointing season under Keane and are set for a mid-table finish, way short of the play-offs, and the former Manchester United captain has been said to be close to the sack in the media over the last few days.
But Keane said: 'I don't feel I am under any more pressure and I certainly don't take any notice of what the newspapers say. I never read them.

'If you think I am fearful of losing my job then you are wrong. If I lose my job then I lose my job.
'We want to aim for consistency between now and the end of the season but if the club wants to move me on they will move me on.'
Chief executive Simon Clegg has insisted the club remain 'fully committed' to keeping Keane in charge at Portman Road.
He told the Ipswich Evening Star: 'I'm still fully committed to Roy Keane.
'It has been a disappointing season but Roy is still building his team.
'I understand there have been some speculation stories but Roy is just starting out to get us where we want to be.'

but would you want him there? i personally dont think he is best suited to being a manager, a coach maybe

dont worry Ipswich fans he'll soon be back to walking triggs soon enough when he fecks off

as for the Celtic job Noel i think keane a bad choice i'd leave Lennon there and see how he gets on nothing to lose now ,one thing is for sure he will run through walls for Celtic (y)

Back