SAMSUNG SMART TV UPDATES

SAMSUNG SMART TV UPDATES

PLEASE READ BELOW IF YOU USE SMART IPTV APP ON YOUR SAMSUNG SMART TV

Samsung have removed smart iptv app from 2018 models

They are removing apps from older tvs once the new update comes in users are already losing the app u can avoid this from happening by not updating your tv when the latest update comes out so far this has only been with samsung and its definitely on the 2018 model

If you do accidentally remove the app or update the tv settings you could possibly lose the app for good.

This is only on SAMSUNG for now...

Thanks for the heads up i have just done a Samsung update from last month but did not check to see if i lost the iptv app will update later

What is the new software version current ver is 1121 on my tv. just turned off updates till new info on thread.

Will the smart-stb app be staying or will they be removing that as well?
its just the siptv app for the time being, but I will expect it will be all of them soon enough,
wont be long before other tv makers follow suit,

Hi Tekkies , Im on the look out for a new tv (samsung qe55q6famt 55" smart 4k ultra hd,) So was thinking of using the smartiptv , so my question is will this stop ? or will it be ok to get the smartiptv app for the tv??
Cheers

Hi Tekkies , Im on the look out for a new tv (samsung qe55q6famt 55" smart 4k ultra hd,) So was thinking of using the smartiptv , so my question is will this stop ? or will it be ok to get the smartiptv app for the tv??
Cheers
if its a 2018 model then u cant get siptv on it, if its a older model then you can, until samsung roll out a update for all other TV's.
which could be tomorrow or in a few months.

This app is also on LG smart TVs, I use it, I will think twice before updating the software on the TV now incase LG follow suit which wouldn’t surprise me

Still trying to get my head round this , So will it be best to get the STB emu App for the Tv or get the Smartiptv and do not update ???

Back