Saorview and free to air on zgemma

Kpb77

Hi Folks,

My sky sub is due to end soon, was just wondering if it's possible to run saorview and free to air on my zgemma?

If it is what do I need to do? I have one coax cable running from an aerial to the tv and 2 coax cables running from the dish to tv.

I am fairly useless at this type of thing so a dummies guide would e good if possible.

Depends what zgemma you have, I have it working on a zgemma h5.2tc. I haven't access to the box at the moment but from what I remember just change your tuner configuration for Sat to Northern Ireland SD as it brings in more channels in autobouquets maker.

Is your coax cable from Virgin or from a UHF aerial. If a UHF aerial change your tuner to DVB-T2, country Ireland and then set your region to wherever your aerial is pointed.

ok thanks will try that. I have a sat dish and UHF aerial. When you say it brings in channels, i obviously have to search for channels when all my coax are attached to the zgemma?

Yes, connect Sat to lnb, uhf to tuner b. Update config file in autobouquets and start a scan, if tuners are setup correctly (make sure you have correct transponder selected for saorview) and should be good to go.

Can I interject here, what box do you have? If I remember correctly, Saoirview works on a cable tuner, not a satellite tuner ( I could of course be wrong, it was such a long time ago)
So, if you have a H2S, you can't do it, if it was a H2H, or other combo box, you can.

ok thanks will try that. I have a sat dish and UHF aerial. When you say it brings in channels, i obviously have to search for channels when all my coax are attached to the zgemma?
How old is your TV, why not try a scan on your TV first for the saorview channels to see if the aerial is connected instead of messing around with the box. What Zgemma is it?

The TV does not allow for recordings etc, so that is why he wants to use the Zgemma.

But as mentioned above, he needs a Zgemma with a Hybrid tuner. The signal wire from aerial would then be attached to the RF-In port on the Zgemma. In Reception settings he needs to enable the DVB-T function. He can then scan.

Not all Zgemma have hybrid tuners. Some only have satellite tuners. This is why he was asked which Zgemma he has.

All Saorview services are Free to Air.

It is the Zgemma H.2s that I have. Maybe I can use the TV for saorview channels but then wouldn't I need to use the Zgemma remote to view the sat/fta channels? Would be handy to have everything on the one remote.

H2s hasn't got a cable tuner, so no you can't unfortunately.
If you were to buy a usb cable tuner for it, you could.

H2s hasn't got a cable tuner, so no you can't unfortunately.
If you were to buy a usb cable tuner for it, you could.
He needs a Terrestrial tuner, not a cable one.

A hybrid tuner does either Terrestrial or Cable depending on how you set it up.

Back