Sat + IPTV Box for £100ish

Dazzling

Hi,
I'm looking for a box that can support both iptv and a freeview sat feed for around the £100 mark. If possible, I'd like the following features:
  • Ability to record one sat channel while watching another
  • Built-in storage (preferably better than a plug-in USB drive)
  • Fast and consistent zapping times
  • Enigma 2 if possible (but if other operating systems work well I'd consider them - just haven't used anything else)
  • Decent remote (no dodgy IR add-on units)
  • Ability to run a VPN (NordVPN)
Anyone else running anything similar that they'd care to share?

Octagon SF8008 just buy it.
I looked at this box and the spec is impressive for the money. My only concern was that it doesn't have an internal drive - does it work ok with an external USB drive for storing/recording tv programmes etc.?

Also, I have zero experience of OpenTV as I've always used OpenVix to date... is this better better at one or the other? Any benefit of me trying to learn OpenTV?

I looked at this box and the spec is impressive for the money. My only concern was that it doesn't have an internal drive - does it work ok with an external USB drive for storing/recording tv programmes etc.?

Also, I have zero experience of OpenTV as I've always used OpenVix to date... is this better better at one or the other? Any benefit of me trying to learn OpenTV?
hi have mine hooked up to a 1 TB external HD no issue yet, i will never use that much in recordings though, and i store my pitcons there too , with the ability to put up to 4 sperate images on the SF8008, with multi boot out of the box ( well for me it was) you can have both open atv & open vix + play with others .
cheers

hi have mine hooked up to a 1 TB external HD no issue yet, i will never use that much in recordings though, and i store my pitcons there too , with the ability to put up to 4 sperate images on the SF8008, with multi boot out of the box ( well for me it was) you can have both open atv & open vix + play with others .
cheers
Will this box work with a dish that is currently connected to a SkyQ box, or does the dish and/or LNB need to be replaced?

LNB will need replacing for a standard universal LNB, you can get a hybrid LNB that has ports for your SkyQ box and Legacy ports for the Octagon. There is a slim possibility you dish may have a Hybrid LNB.

LNB will need replacing for a standard universal LNB, you can get a hybrid LNB that has ports for your SkyQ box and Legacy ports for the Octagon. There is a slim possibility you dish may have a Hybrid LNB.
The TV also has sat inputs, so I guess if I plug the sat feed into those and the TV gets a signal, the LNB is ok and doesn't need replacing?

If I was you I would not fixate on the cost, get a good box and it will last years, I have a UNO and its still perfect for my needs and with an SSD its aesome but in your case get this one, I have 2 of them, Uno is in loft, this box has the best picture quality and.. THE BEST REMOTE EVER, its omnidirectional and it comes with a sensor so you can hide box. It plays back 4k, its lightning fast for IPTV. In fact its the dogs....

Its £172.00 approx and getting cheaper, see amazon de.

Its this one AXHD61 twin sat and takes an SSD with rear slot but I think once you push disk in to get out you remove cover.

Say FREE TO AIR not Freeview as thats DTT. Box is multiboot. Boot times are super fast.

One thing is the power plug is 2 pin and when you fit the uk adaptor it sticks out a lot. I used power lead from a solo2 instead.

Last edited:
If I was you I would not fixate on the cost, get a good box and it will last years, I have a UNO and its still perfect for my needs and with an SSD its aesome but in your case get this one, I have 2 of them, Uno is in loft, this box has the best picture quality and.. THE BEST REMOTE EVER, its omnidirectional and it comes with a sensor so you can hide box. It plays back 4k, its lightning fast for IPTV. In fact its the dogs....

Its £172.00 approx and getting cheaper, see amazon de.

Its this one AXHD61 twin sat and takes an SSD with rear slot but I think once you push disk in to get out you remove cover.

Say FREE TO AIR not Freeview as thats DTT. Box is multiboot. Boot times are super fast.
thanks... yes, I have a Vu+ Duo 2 and have been very happy with it for 5-6 years now (from the CCCam days and now with IPTV.)

However, this new request is to sort out a solution for my brother-in-law and he doesn't want to spend too much money.

Ah well that's different but I was thinking of adding that the best box ever is the duo2, I have that for would you believe motorised dish and pic via component is awesome. I still use oscam and polsat super hd is , well pretty good.

Get him a duo2 on ebay and just your image.

Ah well that's different but I was thinking of adding that the best box ever is the duo2, I have that for would you believe motorised dish and pic via component is awesome. I still use oscam and polsat super hd is , well pretty good.

I'll take a look on ebay perhaps as you suggest - although I was thinking of upgrading my Duo2 as I've heard it doesn't support some formats of playback (but haven't hit any yet)...

bit worried about fake versions on ebay - is that still a thing?

The Duo 2 has no hardware support of the H265 codec IPTV providers are currently switching over to.

Its a great box i have one but it is slowly becoming outdated.

Stick with the Octagon for H265 support.

I'm in the same position as the OP, going to switch over to an Octagon , just waiting until they become available over here,

Back