Sat set up

its grand very quite could be moving back 2 limerick after the wedding herself doesnt really like where we are out in the country its very very quite,think ill try in 2 weeks as i wont be around this weekend,im using a 1m dish should give me what i need shouldnt it,what type of bracket you using?

I would seriously consider waiting until the wife is decided on staying put, all your good work may need to come down :)

But if you would like to put it up use Dishpointer, its a great online tool to help you with site survey and alignment. What size dish are you going to use, I have a 1.2mt dish but its at low level as I have a South Facing garden with lots of space and no obstructions.

I use T&K brackets with a scaffolding pole at the moment, works well and is very stable. But is also well sheltered, so a good site survey is the way to go ;)

Any nice Mod about to make the last few posts into a thread for Sat set up in Ireland please :)

yeah i used that the last time,it will be a 1m dish, think i have evrything set up as it should but never got a thing on it, maybe the pole isnt 100% plumb,i might as well put it up experience if nothing else as in the market today who knows how long it will take to sell

Making sure it is plumb on both vertical and horizontal is quite important mate ;) I would use 8W as due South for your location also.

I have an Openmedia use it as my main sat box and it's brilliant, really good sensitive tuner that picks up TP's my dream and technomate dont. Currently has a fully functional sly card in it thanks to the changeover :) but was using server and Cccam, but like I say can't fault it except for the turning off and on to switch between tuners ;)

Hi hadmad, as Port said its a great box at an entry level price. Currently £90 you wont find a Sat/Cable combi anywhere for that.

And as its basically a clone of the DM500c/s in one box its open source and you will find plenty of images for it on both the cable and sat side. I have one somewhere and tried it for a while and couldn't really fault it. The small nuisance of switching off between cable to sat tuners shouldnt bother you for the price.

Right I am beginning to sound like a salesman lol You have asked where you will get one? Well I do not think that we can post supplier recommendations on the forum and I am not going down the route of I will send it via pm, (seen that too many times lol ) So if you type this exact keyword string into Google "openmedia 500cs dvb", the first result is the best place to find them ;)

Last edited:
Sc0user how you doing mate. I'm putting up a dish in the girlfriends tomorrow or Saturday and I am ordering a nonoxx ip tomorrow anyway. I have a metronic dish with an LNB on it. Do I need to change LNB to be able to receive sly on this?? I have a very good idea of the rest of the setup cheers mate.

Cheers glic thanks mate! (y) I'll probably be back here straight away if I hit a brick wall! Where else would I be!

Right, box on it's way. As it's a fixed dish I'm going to install a Monoblock and there's already a single LNB on it and I'll put a DiSEqC switch on and thats all fine what I'd like to know is how do I fix the monoblock to the original Lnb thats there, to fix it to the setup??
Any type of clamp etc??

Last edited:
Changed the masterplan. Putting a monoblock on the 85cm satellite pointed at astra 1/Hotbird and I'm putting up a square satellite thingymajig her old man brought back from France to point at astra 2 (Should work fine from all I've read, which is a hell of a lot!). And all going to the Diseqc switch I've ordered. Just received the box and monoblock and now all I need is to receive the switch and I have to set up a wireless bridge with a netopia wireless router and we should be rockin!

Although I've heard the netopia 2247-02 with r6 firmware doesn't allow bridgeing!! Gman???!!!

Last edited:
Well spent all day setting up the dish with the monoblock and got it.... eventually. Quad LNB arriving on Monday to put on the existing sky dish in the house and I'm bringing a feed to the switch. Which I'm gonna put up outside her window cos I can't a**ed putting it anywhere else. Had a mare trying to set up the router as a repeater, was not happening in any way so just going to buy one tomorrow for the nanoxx.

I told you that you would love Sat lol But great to see you have got it set up and are already thinking ahead ;)

Man I had to do it all alone! :err: Later on twp different mates called saying they were off all day. F0****rs. Took me about 2 hours plus all the router nonsense.

I was joking in the SB you should always have someone there to give you a dig out. I had a nasty experience helping a mate a few year back about 20 foot up with a 1.1 dish and a nice gust of wind, put it this way I have not made the same mistake since ;)

Luckily I was on a very large flat roof up on chimny stack with a pole attached. Was still dodgy at times. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone mate. I'm wrecked.

Back