Satellite dish alignment

itskenallen

Has anyone here aligned their own satellite dish? I get glitching on some channels regardless of where I get my lines from. Sometimes it's unbearable, sometimes not so bad. It's fine with my sky box.

Has anyone actually fine tuned their dish alignment for the Zgemma H2s? Was there much to it? What equipment did u use?

I can buy cheap meter off ebay that would prob do the job.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

If sky is fine surely the dish is ok as they're pointing at exactly the same satellite??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Not sure really. I believe the sky box is a lot more forgiving. That's what my line provider tells me. He assures me its my dish or cables is the issue. My cables and LNB are not even a year old.

Screwfix sell a cheap meter for alignment although I used my sky box at the time.

Does the zgemma supply voltage (5v I think) to the LNB like a sky box does? Because that's what powers the meter.

Use your mobile, type in the IP address of your box then webif shows up click on sat finder, this will give you a reading.
I have set up a few dishes this way, I first of all set my dish to 152 degrees, which lines it up 28 degrees from due south. Then fine tune using my phone, I would say your dish is out of alignment if you get pixelation not freezing or gl itching from your server.
It's always hard to know what people mean when they describe this problem as everyone has a different name for it

R.T.F.I

Yeah it's Pixelation I get mostly matieboy.
Can u explain a bit more about what u said above? Use my mobile?? An app or what?

Also, I'm using quick pop off connectors. Wonder if this has a bearing. F type screw in >adapter >slide on adapter. This slides onto the box.

Last edited:
if the box is any good sat finder in among the sat searching menu,starting to wonder if these boxes are worth buying with so many issues posted,if other boxes work ok you see where the finger points now to?

Type the IP address of your box into your mobile, assuming you are on the same network.
You will see when you have entered it what I mean

R.T.F.I

On a channel that Pixelates this is what webif shows. On clearer channels, the result is much higher.

d86890be90f01e21268e61eeffb1cd9b.jpg

352ad4046c73b918be361cca1c024e50.jpg

Last edited:
Well apart from lining it up, I was told once to line it up first the tilt dish back or forth to get a better signal.
Your signal strength isn't that good, or quality of signal I would say.
Here is meaning of those letters

SNR = Signal to Noise Ratio - which means signal quality
AGC = Automatic Gain Control - which means signal strength
BER = Bit Error Rate - which shows the error rate of the signal.

R.T.F.I

Cheers Matie.. Ok next question... Any advice on how to fine tune it or what meter to buy?

I wouldn't bother with the meter, just try tilting it back without slackening it off, once you work out which way you need to go, slacken the bolt a little and adjust , you will see a change, even if you get somebody to shout up at you.

R.T.F.I

Back