Satellite signal finder question

dmenace

Hi everyone,
Hope everyone has had a great crimbo and are all ready for the new year!!!

I have a quick question which i hope one of you guys might know the answer too...
Recently due to high winds my dish keeps moving and its costing me an arm and a leg to have it realigned.
I was wondering if its easier and cheaper for me to buy a signal finder, like the one the guy had with an LCD screen on it and use it myself and align my dish every time mother nature decides to move my motorized dish again.
So guys my question is, is it easy or hard? if its doable can you please teach me how?
what kind of Satellite signal finder should i go for?
obviously ill still call my guy and get him to hook me up with servers such as hotbird, astra and astra 2... but i dont really fancy calling him round often as its costing me £30 a go just to realign my dish.
Guys this would be a massive help... and i will owe you a beer if i ever bump into you in the cyber world again! haha

Thanks in advance for your time!

Denny

The wind shouldn't really move it if it's been clamped up OK
maybe the odd exceptional storm will do some damage but that should be a rare occurrence

it's probably only moving on the mount so why not mark it where it's set up OK and next time it moves see if you can just realign the marks?

Hi, obviously you can't beat a good sat-meter, but if your dish has only moved a little you should be able to re align it, get somebody to watch the signal on your tv while you move the dish left to right, up and down, when the signal peaks you'll know which way it needs to go, slacken the clamp nuts a little & gently move the dish till the signal peaks then clamp up tightly.

Hi, obviously you can't beat a good sat-meter, but if your dish has only moved a little you should be able to re align it, get somebody to watch the signal on your tv while you move the dish left to right, up and down, when the signal peaks you'll know which way it needs to go, slacken the clamp nuts a little & gently move the dish till the signal peaks then clamp up tightly.

depends what box you are using, some boxes like xtrend, vu, ect have a sat finder bar under set up that is "real time" on moving a dish. some older boxes like sky owns one is hit and miss.

Back